The Student Room Group

How did you find out about TSR?

Poll

How did you find out about TSR?

The chances are, if you're reading this, you know all about The Student Room :five:

But how did you first find out about us?

Did we answer your prayers on a really specific Google search? Or maybe you saw us go viral on TikTok?

We'd love to hear :smile:

Scroll to see replies

As a student, how can you not know about it? Comes up for like every academia related search.
I haven't got the faintest idea, sorry. I can't remember.
The teacher that ran the Medicine club told me about it as a place where I'd find some useful stuff but that I should avoid it as much as possible 😅 Why would I avoid it though, some of the stupid things people post on here are so fun!
Honestly can’t remember either think it was friends in school
I was trying to choose between Nursing and Social Work for a potential career path and found a TSR thread.
Reply 6
It was a cold, dark evening, and I was making my way home from school. I had stayed late to finish a project and had lost track of time. The street lamps flickered on and off, casting eerie shadows on the deserted pavements. As I turned a corner, I saw a figure in the distance, huddled against a building.

As I got closer, I saw that it was an old man, shivering in the cold. I hesitated for a moment, unsure of what to do. But then I remembered my grandmother's words: "One small gesture can change a life.”

As I approached him, I noticed that his eyes were dark and sunken, his skin pale and translucent. He looked up at me with a pleading expression, and I could see the fear in his eyes.

Without hesitation, I offered him my coat, but as he took it from me, without warning he grabbed my hand. His grip tightened, stronger and stronger. His eyes seemed to glow with an otherworldly light, and his features contorted into a grotesque, inhuman mask. But then a thought suddenly crossed my mind and I realised that something was terribly wrong… I had forgotten to finish my maths homework that was due in the next day.

I pushed the old man aside and ran home as fast as I could. As soon as I stepped into my bedroom I remembered why I had not completed the homework. I was stuck on a nasty A Level mechanics question containing lots of pulleys, slopes and rods. I Googled “M1 maths help” and found this site.
(edited 1 year ago)
It kept coming up when I searched up any question, but I didn't think to join until later, when it was recommended to me.
Can't remember which specific search it was, but I searched something up and an answer from here came up (inevitable, such good SEO :lol: )

Made an account, never left!
Original post by Notnek
It was a cold, dark evening, and I was making my way home from school. I had stayed late to finish a project and had lost track of time. The street lamps flickered on and off, casting eerie shadows on the deserted pavements. As I turned a corner, I saw a figure in the distance, huddled against a building.

As I got closer, I saw that it was an old man, shivering in the cold. I hesitated for a moment, unsure of what to do. But then I remembered my grandmother's words: "One small gesture can change a life.”

As I approached him, I noticed that his eyes were dark and sunken, his skin pale and translucent. He looked up at me with a pleading expression, and I could see the fear in his eyes.

Without hesitation, I offered him my coat, but as he took it from me, without warning he grabbed my hand. His grip tightened, stronger and stronger. His eyes seemed to glow with an otherworldly light, and his features contorted into a grotesque, inhuman mask. But then a thought suddenly crossed my mind and I realised that something was terribly wrong… I had forgotten to finish my maths homework that was due in the next day.

I pushed the old man aside and ran home as fast as I could. As soon as I stepped into my bedroom I remembered why I had not completed the homework. I was stuck on a nasty A Level mechanics question containing lots of pulleys, slopes and rods. I Googled “M1 maths help” and found this site.

:rofl: :lol:

Spoiler

I think I was searching for people who had also suffered the diabolical 2015 GCSE maths and science papers by Edexcel and AQA
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Chronoscope
:rofl: :lol:

Spoiler

Spoiler

I googled "Does she like me because I got 17 A*s on the University of Oxbridge Student Finance deadline course for 14 extra DofE Platinum UCAS points" and didn't bother creating the thread in the end because, to my surprise, it had already been created several times.
just did some exam board related search, found the most relevant thing here and basically i found this website really cool.
It is then that i decided to be a permanent(ish) resident of TSR :biggrin:
Friends
Hello everyone!
I have just put 'english speaking forums' in Google browser and after I have looked at the shown forums, I decided to join here on TSR. That was thirteen years ago.
Original post by Kallisto
I have just put 'english speaking forums' in Google browser and after I have looked at the shown forums, I decided to join here on TSR. That was thirteen years ago.

Are you really here for thirteen years?
How do you find TSR?
Original post by Kokoriciu
Are you really here for thirteen years?
How do you find TSR?

I am, look at the joined date in my profile and it really was a search engine: google. No one knows TSR outside of the UK where I am living.
TSR pops up almost every time you search an exam question word to word :u:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest