The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's Residences

Update - More rooms released & I got a room :smile: Thank you for the help!
(edited 8 months ago)
They seem to be realising rooms in very small batches at the moment so do keep checking. Try emailing to ask if there are any left because I was able to book a room on Thursday as a current student so I was at the bottom to the priority ladder. Occasionally try going into the queue to login, as that’s what I did on Thursday. Good luck!
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
They seem to be realising rooms in very small batches at the moment so do keep checking. Try emailing to ask if there are any left because I was able to book a room on Thursday as a current student so I was at the bottom to the priority ladder. Occasionally try going into the queue to login, as that’s what I did on Thursday. Good luck!

Thank you for the reply! I've been checking the accom portal every hour & clicking on the button to book rooms... Hopefully I'll be able to get something soon!
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous

Hi, also do you happen to know if King's is still releasing rooms or whether the rooms that become available are from people cancelling their contracts? Are the rooms first-come-first-served and based on luck, or is there a priority situation for international & first year students? Thanks!
Original post by isasmatcha
Hi, also do you happen to know if King's is still releasing rooms or whether the rooms that become available are from people cancelling their contracts? Are the rooms first-come-first-served and based on luck, or is there a priority situation for international & first year students? Thanks!

I’m not to sure. However, before results day, every single room that kcl residences had available was booked by either applicants, current students, post grads et. (Most were applicants). After results day, those who didn’t get the grades needed to study etc. had their room booking automatically cancelled by kings. On Monday, those rooms were given first to those first year undergrads who were guaranteed accom by kings (most priority). Then Thursday, lesser priority were able to book but kings sent an email saying there were a very limited number of rooms available on a first come, first serve basis. I’m not sure if it’s still that way, only kings know. I do believe that international students have the highest priority. But at this point, I don’t think kings can guarantee accommodation. Keep checking the portal as often as you can, it’s probably the only thing you can do rn. Good luck and sorry for the long post!
Original post by isasmatcha
Does anyone know if more rooms will become available or if there's a chance that people will cancel? I've been checking the portal multiple times daily but nothing seems to be available! I am hoping for somewhere near Guy's Campus such as GDSA, Wolfson House or Orchard Lisle, but I would be happy with any room! Does anyone have advice on what I should be doing now, or have any King's Residence that they are looking to give up? Thank you!

Hello!! I dont have a King’s residence but I do have one in Newcastle! Its the Glassworks prestige student living! Its a studio ensuite flat if you’re interested?? Looking for someone to take over my tenancy. :smile:
Original post by yorisawa2003
Hello!! I dont have a King’s residence but I do have one in Newcastle! Its the Glassworks prestige student living! Its a studio ensuite flat if you’re interested?? Looking for someone to take over my tenancy. :smile:

Bro King's is in London and Newcastle is way up north
I have a Wolfson House room available for undergrads if anyone is still looking
Reply 8
Original post by TheSuckUpStudent
I have a Wolfson House room available for undergrads if anyone is still looking

swaps?
Original post by junedfile
swaps?

Just looking to transfer it to someone!

Quick Reply

Latest