The Student Room Group

U to C in AS level exam retake

Hey everyone is it bad that I went from a U to C I studied really hard but I can't believe I got a C I really don't know what I'm doing wrong if anyone has any idea please tell me, I have decided not to retake to get a higher mark but these marks have really ruined me so I just I really just thought I would have done better so if anyone has any idea if it is bad to get this from a U i'll think about retaking it or if I study hard enough I can boost it to atleast an A or B in A2.
Reply 1
Difficult to say really, as we don't know really anything about your circumstances. Were there any other factors that caused you to get a U in the initial exams? What sort of marks have you been getting in mock exams? To go from a U to a C is, in itself, a pretty decent jump so well done on that, but as to whether you can boost it to an A or a B, that really depends on a lot of other factors.
Original post by unikw
Difficult to say really, as we don't know really anything about your circumstances. Were there any other factors that caused you to get a U in the initial exams? What sort of marks have you been getting in mock exams? To go from a U to a C is, in itself, a pretty decent jump so well done on that, but as to whether you can boost it to an A or a B, that really depends on a lot of other factors.

I would say the reason that may have happened was because of not doing I believe enough past papers or topic questions as for mock exams I can't really tell you about the mocks as we were not given our results and since I was retaking my AS level exam I didn't do any kind of mock exam I just did the exam with the information of what went wrong in my previous exam but unfortunately even that wasn't helpful. If you have any helpful tips that would be great.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 3
Original post by shayyyy_2005
I would say the reason that may have happened was because of not doing I believe enough past papers or topic questions as for mock exams I can't really tell you about the mocks as we were not given our results and since I was retaking my AS level exam I didn't do any kind of mock exam I just did the exam with the information of what went wrong in my previous exam but unfortunately even that wasn't helpful. If you have any helpful tips that would be great.

I think really just doing as many practice papers as you can will set you in the best possible stead. Other than that, it's hard to give any more specific advice.

Quick Reply

Latest