The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough Marketing and Management

Has anyone firmed Loughborough for Marketing and Management and and is there anyone who is currently studying this? If so how is the course and the uni thanks x
Original post by sarahiqbalx
Has anyone firmed Loughborough for Marketing and Management and and is there anyone who is currently studying this? If so how is the course and the uni thanks x

Hey Sarah, I have firmed LBoro for Management, but will likely take a gap year!
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Original post by sarahiqbalx

Hi @sarahiqbalx

It's great to hear you're thinking about coming to Loughborough!

I'm currently in my first year here studying Marketing and Management so I thought I might be able to help.

So far I'm enjoying the course. The first year is a lot more varied than I thought it would be which I really like. We've covered lots of different topics from accounting to economics to marketing and even law. I think having optional modules from the first year is a great part of the course. It's nice to be able to choose what you want to study from the first year and tailor your degree to what you're interested in. A key part of this course is the placement year that you do in your third year. Something I've found really helpful is that in your first year you do a module dedicated to skills for studying, getting a placement and employment. I've been able to have lectures and tutorials timetabled in to help me develop my CV, prepare for interviews and assessment centres which I've found really helpful and made me feel a lot more confident for applying to placements. Also we have access to a placements team specifically for the Business School as well as the careers network.

Before I came to Loughborough I was worried about it being a small town and there not being much to do. However since I've been here I've been pleasantly surprised - I can safely say I've never been bored here. There are plenty restaurants and pubs in town to go out to eat and drink. Most of my time in the week is spent on campus as there is lots on like going to watch the Loughborough first teams play, playing sport and just relaxing with friends as well as the nights out the union puts on in the week but at the weekend you do tend to go out in town more.

Loughborough is however a market town and can't offer what a city can but usually if we want more of a city atmosphere we just get the train to Leicester or Nottingham which both take less than 20 minutes and is very easy to do. The thing I appreciate about Loughborough being a smaller town is that there is a nice community feel and it really does feel like a student town. When you go out you always bump into someone you know which I've found really nice and it makes you feel like the campus extends to the town.

I hope this helped and if you have any other questions just let me know :smile:

Jess
Original post by SneakIsReal
Hey Sarah, I have firmed LBoro for Management, but will likely take a gap year!

Hi @SneakIsReal

It's great to hear you've made Loughborough your firm choice!

If you have any questions feel free to get in touch :smile:

Jess

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending