The Student Room Group

is loughborough university good enough for investment banking ?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Original post by jackiejan

You'd really struggle compared to other unis. It may be possible
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Incede
You'd really struggle compared to other unis. It may be possible

what about durham
what about durham

Durham is a semi target so your chances will be a lot better.

Durham > Loughborough for IB for sure
Reply 4
Original post by Incede
Durham is a semi target so your chances will be a lot better.

Durham > Loughborough for IB for sure

pretty sure Loughborough is also semi targeted
pretty sure Loughborough is also semi targeted

You might be right but Durham is better for IB.

Obviously if you prefer Loughborough for other reasons then you should choose it. If you like the course and the uni then that's more important than the difference in IB exposure.
You may not want to pursue IB in the future and there are other areas of finance you can go into anyway. Don't do it just for the pay.
Reply 6
Durham is targeted far more by IB’s than Lborough

Edit: some people wouldn’t consider Loughborough semi target
(edited 3 years ago)
yes it is

Hi @jackiejan,

Loughborough is targeted by some of the top investment banks (Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Nomura) for placement students as well as graduates and our students are highly successful in securing roles in all of the major investment banks, even those who don't specifically target us.

We are also targeted by a number of private wealth management and asset management firms and have a very successful track record of students’ securing roles with them.

We have an excellent careers network and hold one of the largest careers fairs in the UK. Loughborough is No.1 in the UK for employer-student connections and within the top 20 globally (QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020).

Do let me know if you have any questions :smile:
Bindu
Reply 9
Original post by Loughborough University
Hi @jackiejan,

Loughborough is targeted by some of the top investment banks (Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Nomura) for placement students as well as graduates and our students are highly successful in securing roles in all of the major investment banks, even those who don't specifically target us.

We are also targeted by a number of private wealth management and asset management firms and have a very successful track record of students’ securing roles with them.

We have an excellent careers network and hold one of the largest careers fairs in the UK. Loughborough is No.1 in the UK for employer-student connections and within the top 20 globally (QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020).

Do let me know if you have any questions :smile:
Bindu

Hello, would you say for a role in IB it would be better to study Economics, Business Economics and Finance or the Finance & Management degree that Loughborough offer?
Original post by clr04
Hello, would you say for a role in IB it would be better to study Economics, Business Economics and Finance or the Finance & Management degree that Loughborough offer?

Hi @clr04

The best thing to do is to contact the Business School directly and ask the question. Their e-mail address is [email protected]. They'll be able to advise you properly on which would be the most suitable course for you.

Hope that helps
Vicky
Reply 11
Hi I am doing Bsc Economics and Management at the Loughborough Business School along with a placement year for 4 years in total and having done some research I was just wondering into the potential of this course at this institution both now and in the future being a top 10 UK business school for breaking into banking in the future and soon becoming a target or semi target university.
Original post by pro2
Hi I am doing Bsc Economics and Management at the Loughborough Business School along with a placement year for 4 years in total and having done some research I was just wondering into the potential of this course at this institution both now and in the future being a top 10 UK business school for breaking into banking in the future and soon becoming a target or semi target university.

Hi @pro2,

Thanks for your message! I just wanted to say that if you wanted to ask any specific questions about your course, it would be best to use the email at the bottom of your course page here. I hope this helps :smile:

- Lindsay
Reply 13
Original post by Loughborough University
Hi @pro2,

Thanks for your message! I just wanted to say that if you wanted to ask any specific questions about your course, it would be best to use the email at the bottom of your course page here. I hope this helps :smile:

- Lindsay

Hello, just one question in terms of Loughborough University and its competitiveness and prestige when it comes to breaking into banking amongst the likes of names such as Warwick, Nottingham and Bath etc where would you say it ranks amongst the top employers.

Thank you!
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by pro2
Hello, just one question in terms of Loughborough University and its competitiveness and prestige when it comes to breaking into banking amongst the likes of names such as Warwick, Nottingham and Bath etc where would you say it ranks amongst the top employers.

Thank you!

Hi @pro2,

I can see that there are some places graduates have gone on to work on your course page for you to view. However, to really get a detailed answer, I would recommend emailing [email protected].

- Lindsay

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending