The Student Room Group

IB options for architecture

I am not currently thinking of taking the IB course during sixth form but if you know what the best options are for architecture (I realise my preferred subjects do not align with architecture which is why i’m not committed to it at the moment) please let me know. Although, I am not thinking of maths, physics. I am open to design technology although I didn’t study any art subject at GCSE.
Original post by !mars
I am not currently thinking of taking the IB course during sixth form but if you know what the best options are for architecture (I realise my preferred subjects do not align with architecture which is why i’m not committed to it at the moment) please let me know. Although, I am not thinking of maths, physics. I am open to design technology although I didn’t study any art subject at GCSE.

The majority of architecture courses don't require specific subjects. :smile: However, most will require you to submit a portfolio of creative work as part of the application process so a creative/design subject will help you prepare for this.

Have a look at the following thread that shows the current A level requirements for RIBA-approved courses in the UK:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7361710

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending