The Student Room Group

i get afraid when someone likes me

I’m 17. I went to India for a wedding and I was all dressed up. This guy who was older than me kept staring at me continuously so I glared at him and he continued. I pointed my middle finger at him - he probably wouldn’t understand English. He still kept doing so. I told so many people but no one did anything and I just bursted out crying because I was so scared and he was so close to me.
Another guy from India kept staring at me too, and when I came back home to England, he somehow found my social media and we have no mutuals?
This terrified me and my family think I’m being unreasonable. It’s kinda like this at school as well. When a guy says he likes me, i feel really uncomfortable and I’m not sure why.
I’m 100% straight DONT get me wrong I love men. I get turned on by men and the guys I see, but this is different.
A few years back, I felt really weird when a guy I liked liked me back.
I’ve never been in a relationship btw
Original post by Anonymous
I’m 17. I went to India for a wedding and I was all dressed up. This guy who was older than me kept staring at me continuously so I glared at him and he continued. I pointed my middle finger at him - he probably wouldn’t understand English. He still kept doing so. I told so many people but no one did anything and I just bursted out crying because I was so scared and he was so close to me.
Another guy from India kept staring at me too, and when I came back home to England, he somehow found my social media and we have no mutuals?
This terrified me and my family think I’m being unreasonable. It’s kinda like this at school as well. When a guy says he likes me, i feel really uncomfortable and I’m not sure why.
I’m 100% straight DONT get me wrong I love men. I get turned on by men and the guys I see, but this is different.
A few years back, I felt really weird when a guy I liked liked me back.
I’ve never been in a relationship btw

you're probably just reacting like this because you don't like them- the men from india. by the way you put it, you have no interest in those men. but obviously this doesn't mean you don't like men at all. some men just aren't our cup of tea, and its completely reasonable to be upset and scared when someone older (i assume an ADULT) stared at a MINOR and didn't stop. its also completely reasonable to be upset and scared when someone from india kept staring and then found your socials despite no mutuals. you're not interested in THOSE men and you were obviously afraid because it made you feel uncomfortable. thats nothing to be afraid or confused about!

when you liked a guy and he liked you back, you're naturally going to feel weird. you've never been in a relationship so to be in a situation like that can be confusing for someone so young. when i first liked someone and they liked me back i genuinly could not stop shaking hahaha and i felt like i made the wrong decision. but you're just overthinking it because you're not used to the situation and don't know how to react! don't overthink it! it happens to a lot of us :smile:

but the men in india, that was weird, and im sorry nobody was there for you. i hope you never encounter that again!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending