The Student Room Group

Might end up getting a 2:2 degree upset

I messed up on one module In final year and today I've submitted my dissertation and I think I've done good however I'll need 65% on it too get 2:1 overall and anything below I'll come out with a 2:2 degree

The course I am doing is software engineering

Am I doomed?
Hey stranger !!!
I'm here to help you.
When I started uni I had so many hopes and dreams I was sitting on a very good first well into the 70s. Middle of year 2 came about and I was struck by illness and this illness became chronic which meant I was constantly in and out of hospital.
Now after this my grades dropped from first class. To upper second class with a room to get back to first.
Year 3 came about and I was even sicker than before and now suddenly I was sitting on a 58 percent because I started doing horrendously. I lost everything friends . My will to carry on my confidence and everything. I was so upset at the fact rhat I was going to gwt a 2.2 I couldn't focus !

I ended up getting a 2.2 which was unfortunate however what did I learn. Numerous academics sat me down and explained to me that just because someone gets a 2.2 dosent make them stupid. There are many successful people that have obtained a 2.2. I was able to demonstrate my learning just was unfortunate that it didn't reflect through my work but I did learn so so much.

Where am I now ?
Applying to be a physician associate. I've got offers from all sorts of unis and even great Russell group unis like Leeds.
Don't give up. It's not the end of ur future. Your 2m2 will not hold u back. What you need to do now is apply for further study. Apply to msc smash that msc and that Msc will override ur bsc grade. :smile: I hope this helps alot.
Original post by Anonymous
I messed up on one module In final year and today I've submitted my dissertation and I think I've done good however I'll need 65% on it too get 2:1 overall and anything below I'll come out with a 2:2 degree

Am I doomed?

I’m in a spot of bother like you are yesterday I gave my final year project presentation submitted my dissertation end of last month I do believe I’ll get a 1st in both but in two other modules I’ve scored 2:2 averages even though they are yet to be complete having started off the year working on a 2:1 I just as you hope you get your 2:1 :redface:
I’m in a spot of bother like you are yesterday I gave my final year project presentation submitted my dissertation end of last month I do believe I’ll get a 1st in both but in two other modules I’ve scored 2:2 averages even though they are yet to be complete having started off the year working on a 2:1 I just as you hope you get your 2:1 :redface:

We got this :') don't worry!
Original post by Momo1998
We got this :') don't worry!

I hope so 3 years of hard-work and concentration and to not get it would suck.
I hope so 3 years of hard-work and concentration and to not get it would suck.

Yeah true what can u do tho tbh
Yeah true what can u do tho tbh

You can’t do nothing about it but being known as flop then 🥺😭
so my bsc is in CS. from a small uselles european uni. 2.2. i was rejected even by the worst unis in uk. i worked for a bit, like a year or two, did some certifications, and i got accepted in one of the top 5 uk unis for an msc. so, you never know. its not always about the grades.
so my bsc is in CS. from a small uselles european uni. 2.2. i was rejected even by the worst unis in uk. i worked for a bit, like a year or two, did some certifications, and i got accepted in one of the top 5 uk unis for an msc. so, you never know. its not always about the grades.

Yeah I did abit of research apparently is all about experience after getting that first graduate job

YES OMG IM SO HAPPY FOR U!
guys it always works out trust me. Keep going please don't give up
Reply 10

Am I doomed?

If you really did your best in the dissertation, you'll definitely get a good grade. However, you still got the viva to give so give it your best to achieve the 2:1. It does really matter a lot as the second market gets a good know about your dissertation in the presentation so good luck with that. Also, the Average Credit thing for example if the degree is a harder one your overall grade might go up. Be sure to check out your university regulations regarding the grading system. Sometime they have nicer grading system to give you the best grade.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending