The Student Room Group

english language paper 2 mock tomorrow - a question

i'm in year 11 and I have my english language paper 2 mock tomorrow and i'm just wondering how many paragraphs is advised for Q3,4,5.
how many paragraphs guarantee you getting to full marks without causing any time issues?
Is this for edexcel
i got a 9 at gcse and 8 for literature so i can help
Reply 2
Original post by propergoodman
Is this for edexcel
i got a 9 at gcse and 8 for literature so i can help

AQA and oops I probably should've mentioned that
Original post by ctrlm.
i'm in year 11 and I have my english language paper 2 mock tomorrow and i'm just wondering how many paragraphs is advised for Q3,4,5.
how many paragraphs guarantee you getting to full marks without causing any time issues?

i dont think its the amount of paragraphs that gurantee you full marks, but the content. but i would say one chunky paragraph for q3 (3-4 quotes)
not sure about question 4
for question 5, i would say intro, point 1 (your strongest point), point 2 (weakest point ), point 3 (second strongest point to end off well) and then a concluding paragraph.
Reply 4
Original post by ctrlm.

I just did mine today as well, but I wasn't able to finish section B properly lol. How did it go for you?
Original post by ctrlm.

Hi, Hope you're well. For AQA- Q3, 2 paragraphs in detail or split it between beginnin, middle and end how do things change? Etc. Q4 between 3-4 paragraphs. Make sure your analysis for the evidence that you have chosen to support your argument is in detail the whole way through as much as possible. Also, for all questions par question 5, having your quotes as succinct as possible helps especially with question 4. Picking out a few quotes and explaining them in detail how it links back to your argument.

Yes, it's not about how much you write it's about the level of depth your response is in.

With regards to question 5 - there isn't a set amount of paragraphs but @heartz4moushi said is a good way of doing it. If you can I'd say 2 paragraphs for and 2 against + conclusion. If possible. Also, making sure you're using techniques within. (ADARCFOREST)

Alteration, Direct address, anecdote, rhetorical, counter argument, facts, opinions, repetition, emotive language, statistics. Triplet.

Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by kmannnn
Original post by ctrlm.

I just did mine today as well, but I wasn't able to finish section B properly lol. How did it go for you?

Hope it went well for you. I'm doing a degree in English, if you need any help feel free to drop me a pm. More than happy to help
Reply 7
Original post by heartz4moushi
i dont think its the amount of paragraphs that gurantee you full marks, but the content. but i would say one chunky paragraph for q3 (3-4 quotes)
not sure about question 4
for question 5, i would say intro, point 1 (your strongest point), point 2 (weakest point ), point 3 (second strongest point to end off well) and then a concluding paragraph.

apologies for the late reply but this is exactly what i ended up doing, thanks for replying to me!
Reply 8
Original post by kmannnn

It was alright not the best paper but i didn’t leave the exam hall upset which is a good thing. I also still haven’t gotten my results yet. I’m sure you’ll still manage to get a good grade even if you didn’t finish section B, the top advice teachers give is to start with section B first so maybe you could try that out next time
hope we both did well!
Reply 9
Original post by Hatekittens12345

Hope it went well for you. I'm doing a degree in English, if you need any help feel free to drop me a pm. More than happy to help
Hey, still haven’t got my results yet but thanks so much for wanting to help! I’ll be sure to message if i’m ever stuck on anything
Reply 10
Original post by Hatekittens12345
Hi, Hope you're well. For AQA- Q3, 2 paragraphs in detail or split it between beginnin, middle and end how do things change? Etc. Q4 between 3-4 paragraphs. Make sure your analysis for the evidence that you have chosen to support your argument is in detail the whole way through as much as possible. Also, for all questions par question 5, having your quotes as succinct as possible helps especially with question 4. Picking out a few quotes and explaining them in detail how it links back to your argument.

Yes, it's not about how much you write it's about the level of depth your response is in.

With regards to question 5 - there isn't a set amount of paragraphs but @heartz4moushi said is a good way of doing it. If you can I'd say 2 paragraphs for and 2 against + conclusion. If possible. Also, making sure you're using techniques within. (ADARCFOREST)

Alteration, Direct address, anecdote, rhetorical, counter argument, facts, opinions, repetition, emotive language, statistics. Triplet.

Hope this helps :smile:

this is such a helpful reply! thanks so much, if only I saw this before my exam but from what I recall I think I did most of what you said in your reply in my paper. thanks again !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending