The Student Room Group

GCSEs approaching

hi im year 11 and Im just rlly stressed and overwhelmed with how close gcses are im struggling with my anxiety and its making me feel quite unhappy and upset. any suggestions? im lacking revision motivation as well :frown:
Heyy!! i’m currently in college (did my gcses last year) and i have diagnosed anxiety, i was super anxious for my exams. when i did my first gcse i was so scared but after i did that exam and did the rest, my anxiety calmed A LOT. for most people we feel anxious leading up to it but when we actually sit and do the exam, our anxiety calms down. compare it to a time you felt super anxious about something and when you did it, it was okay. hope this helps! just remember you can only do your best; you can’t exceed that.
For me, I'm finding a similar thing. For me, the subjects that I most need to revise for are RS and the englishes. I just get daunted by it, and don't start revision for that subject, so go on my phone or youtube instead. If I do subjects I like, or do light revision, like flashcards, I actually start it with less procrastination, even if it's not as helpful, which gives me a better study habit.
Reply 3
Original post by hellloooj
hi im year 11 and Im just rlly stressed and overwhelmed with how close gcses are im struggling with my anxiety and its making me feel quite unhappy and upset. any suggestions? im lacking revision motivation as well :frown:

GCSE's can be quite daunting and a stressful time leading up to the exams. I did my GCSE's last year and was quite stressed and nervous before exams started, I remember being quite nervous for my first exam which was Bio Paper 1 as it seemed really real all of a sudden. But after the first couple of exams I was a lot more calm and just tried to reassure myself that I have revised and that stressing about it wont change the questions in the paper and all I can do is my best. Towards the end it almost felt normal to sit and do GCSE exams as I had quite a few days towards the end of the exam period of 2 exams a day.
Regarding exam motivation I would say try and break the daunting tasks down into smaller ones so that you don't feel overwhelmed by the heaps of stuff to revise- there are so many techniques to trial and find what is right for you with revision. Good Luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest