The Student Room Group

how to go from a grade5/6 in maths to a grade 7 in a month for gcses. please help

hii pls help, i'm currently working at a grade 5/6 level in maths and i rly need to get a 7 in my actual gcses.

how should i go about to achieve this??
i've tried past papers but some of the questions r so hard idk what to do.

please help, tyy
Reply 1
Savemyexams.com is worth looking at - you can select by exam board and level. There are worked solutions, questions and videos. I don't know how much you get without paying a subscription - I have got a year as my kids use it. Think you can get a month or 3 months subscription.
Reply 2
Original post by moonuh
hii pls help, i'm currently working at a grade 5/6 level in maths and i rly need to get a 7 in my actual gcses.
how should i go about to achieve this??
i've tried past papers but some of the questions r so hard idk what to do.
please help, tyy

I dont know if this will help but I find that sometimes looking at a couple of youtube videos of just people doing harder questions is helpful, because you can pick up some handy techniques or look at the way they approach harder questions, its not for everyone though
Reply 3
Original post by VlTAMlN5
I dont know if this will help but I find that sometimes looking at a couple of youtube videos of just people doing harder questions is helpful, because you can pick up some handy techniques or look at the way they approach harder questions, its not for everyone though

tysmm i'll try that. do u recommend any youtubers??
Original post by moonuh

GCSE Maths Tutor is the best one for me personally and then doing practice questions on maths genie or MME revise. Hope this helps
GCSE Maths Tutor is the best one for me personally and then doing practice questions on maths genie or MME revise. Hope this helps
Reply 6
Original post by moonuh
blackpenredpen, 3blue1brown or numberphile, dont worry if you dont understand the problem or what its about, just try and pick up tips and tricks on how to approach problems with many steps. of course, dont use it as a main revision technique obviously, just as a break from ppqs and all of that
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest