The Student Room Group

Why do guys always LOOK at me??

I’ve noticed this a lot, sometimes when I’m out I’ll look up and notice that a guy near me is just looking at me…?

Not in a creepy way, not in a flirty way, just looking - and they tend to quickly look away when I realise.

Anyone know why this is? It’s making me feel kinda insecure and confused as it happens too many times to be a coincidence
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I’ve noticed this a lot, sometimes when I’m out I’ll look up and notice that a guy near me is just looking at me…?

Not in a creepy way, not in a flirty way, just looking - and they tend to quickly look away when I realise.

Anyone know why this is? It’s making me feel kinda insecure and confused as it happens too many times to be a coincidence

It’s probably something on your nose
i had that today for the first time in ages it was weird. i think cos i was wearing a vest top and had my hair down idk
just look at them back if it bothers you lol
Reply 3
Maybe you're just pretty ?
Reply 4
Original post by Happy Notes
Maybe you're just pretty ?

I don’t know I don’t think so I wouldn’t describe myself as objectively pretty.
Plus guys hardly ever approach me, they just look - if they thought I was pretty surely they would shoot their shot?!
Reply 5
I don’t know I don’t think so I wouldn’t describe myself as objectively pretty.
Plus guys hardly ever approach me, they just look - if they thought I was pretty surely they would shoot their shot?!

Perhaps. But, sometimes guys need to observe a bit from a distance before making a move, no ? Just make sure you are safe and that they are not looking at you with bad intentions. x
Reply 6

Because that is what men do, make you feel uncomfortable

p.s you probably are pretty :smile:
Reply 7

Sometimes people look at other people. Women and children will do it to you, as well. Don't overthink it.
Reply 8
Hi, I think I can answer this pretty concisely. People look at things all the time, be it buildings, signs, trees, or other people. It's nothing weird, and you almost certainly do it too without realising it. The thing is, very rarely does anybody notice when someone is looking at something, unless that something is you. In that case, it can feel like you're being singled out when in reality it's nothing personal, that's just what people do, and I'm sure that person in question has looked at at least 30 other people in the last minute. I mean, think about it - you wouldn't've seen them looking at you unless you also looked at them! The reason they'll tend to look away once you see them looking is pretty simple too - people don't like making eye contact with strangers. It's honestly as simple as that. You'll look at someone for no reason in particular, and then if you make eye contact it'll quickly become awkward and you'll look away. Nothing personal, and certainly nothing worth worrying about.
Reply 9
Either you have a gammy eye or your are attractive. Or maybe there is just something about you? I think I would rather be looked at than completely blanked. See it as a compliment.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending