The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Religious Studies Paper 1 (8062/ 11-17) - 15th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
My teacher is an examiner and has always said the best format to examiners is, in paragraphs:

For
Against
For
Against
Conclusion

These can be of any relevant structure, PEEL (point, evidence, explanation, link to question) is always a favourite.

There is no need for an introduction, but you can add if you feel necessary.

After one of the paragraphs, add "I feel this is a weak argument, because..." This is a new addition this year that examiners are looking for, as it counts as critical analysis. It only needs to be one short sentence.

The conclusion can start "To conclude, in my opinion the strongest argument is..." - you can gain up to 2 marks just for this statement.

This has always worked for me and have consistently gained 12/12 when marked by my teacher and other teacher/examiners.
Original post by userwantstolearn
Can u help me solve this question.
Immanence/Transcendence is the most important belief about God.’
Evaluate this statement.
In your answer you should:
refer to Muslim teaching
give reasoned arguments to support this statement
give reasoned arguments to support a different point of view
reach a justified conclusion.

-For:
- In order for God to be able to create the world he needs to be transcendent, world was created exnihilo 'do you not see god created the heavens & the earth'
- For God to be close with us & work within creation he has to be immanent 'we are closer to human than your jugular vein' weak argument, God doesn't have to be immanent to work within creation as he has Angels, Prophets etc
-Against:
-Tawhid is the most important belief as its central to Islamic faith. For example its said in the shahadah 'there is no god but Allah & Muhammad is the messanger of God', strong argument bcs w/out shahadah foundation of Islam gone e.g can't do salah. hajj etc
- Adalat is the most important belief. It's apart of 5 roots of usul adin and will prevent muslims commiting sins as God will judge them. Strong argument, if God wasn't fair & just muslims may be tempted to sin as they won't be punished for bad acts
Reply 22
Original post by scar-the-queen
heyy everyone, what religions do you study?

Christianity and Islam, I have tons of knowledge and quotes on Christianity but nothing for Islam :frown:. Currently revising some Quran quotes and it isn't going well :biggrin:
I don't get anything about this topic and every time I learn it, I just forget about it right after, how do i learn content quicker
I do the exam board AQA. Sometimes they give us really weird statements like 'Muslims believe Angels are irrelevant' and 'God cannot be loving' (I found this question on a christian paper, which meant I couldn't refer to athiest arguments only christian ones). The thing is these statements are clearly wrong, no christian believes their God is unloving etc but in order for me to get to the top level I have to make religious arguments which support these ridiculous statements, how do I go about doing that? Usually I do 2 x of for & against arguments for top level but for these type of questions would 1 agree & 2 disagree be sufficent for a grade 9?
Hii, I did RS GCSE and found that in the larger marks at the back of the paper around 3 points (with quotes) per side, was a reasonable amount but obviously the more the better as well as them being backed up :smile: In those particular examples it can be quite tricky to come up with a balance of either side. I guess for the 'unloving' one you could link it to things like natural disasters and if God was all loving why would these take place. You could also possibly say that the bible says that hell is real and if God was all loving why would this be the case. I think a lot of it is about extracting key ideas and relating it to the question. Hope this helps.
Reply 26
Watch Ben Wardle, he's really helpful. Maybe blurt it out?
Original post by angelicad.x
I don't get anything about this topic and every time I learn it, I just forget about it right after, how do i learn content quicker
Reply 27
heyy everyone, what religions do you study? i do christianity and buddhism :smile:
how are we feeling? prepared? idk why i thought it was a good idea to try and memorise all of the content just a couple of days before the exam but oh well oops

hey! good luck for your exam :smile: im doing christianity and islam. im feeling very nervous tonight, ive done very well in my mocks though and i managed to get an A** so im hoping ill be okay :biggrin: but im still in so much disbelief, how are gcses tomorrow already aaaa
Reply 28
Original post by NoshMosh
Christianity and Islam, I have tons of knowledge and quotes on Christianity but nothing for Islam :frown:. Currently revising some Quran quotes and it isn't going well :biggrin:

Omg hi!! I do christianity and islam too, here are some islamic quotes for you to use and I’ll put the subtopics for them on brackets :smile: hope it helps!

“Muhammad is the messenger of God and the seal of all prophets” (Prophethood otherwise known as Risalah)

“Allah is indescribable” (Nature of Allah)

“Allah commands you towards justice) (Adalat - Adalat is a Shia belief in the 5 roots of usul-ad-din and it means justice)

“Falsehood shall never come into it” (Qur’an)

“They do not precede him” (Angels)

“Allah sees every person in prayer” (Prayer)

“Obey God and the Messenger” (Allah and Muhammad)

“He gives life and causes death” (Nature of Allah)

“Every person has angels before and behind him” (Angels)

“Hurry towards the reminder of God” (Jummah - Friday Prayer)

10 quotes, hope this is helpful :wink: i would recommend not panicking and keep writing them, then try to remember from memory. Make sure you get some rest tonight and I would recommend waking up in the morning earlier to go over them, but not super early of course!!
Reply 29
Original post by leachy_
My teacher is an examiner and has always said the best format to examiners is, in paragraphs:

For
Against
For
Against
Conclusion

These can be of any relevant structure, PEEL (point, evidence, explanation, link to question) is always a favourite.

After one of the paragraphs, add "I feel this is a weak argument, because..." This is a new addition this year that examiners are looking for, as it counts as critical analysis. It only needs to be one short sentence.

The conclusion can start "To conclude, in my opinion the strongest argument is..." - you can gain up to 2 marks just for this statement.

This has always worked for me and have consistently gained 12/12 when marked by my teacher and other teacher/examiners.

this is exactly how my teacher says to do it REMEMBER TO EVALUATE YOUR POINTS!! makes it easier to include bad points too because you can just argue that they're weak so it sounds like you know what youre talking about!
Original post by angelli
hey! good luck for your exam :smile: im doing christianity and islam. im feeling very nervous tonight, ive done very well in my mocks though and i managed to get an A** so im hoping ill be okay :biggrin: but im still in so much disbelief, how are gcses tomorrow already aaaa

thanks, good luck to you too! i can't believe how quickly gcses have come around! also wow A** is amazing I got a 6 in my mock - RS is my worst subject
Original post by angelli
Omg hi!! I do christianity and islam too, here are some islamic quotes for you to use and I’ll put the subtopics for them on brackets :smile: hope it helps!

“Muhammad is the messenger of God and the seal of all prophets” (Prophethood otherwise known as Risalah)

“Allah is indescribable” (Nature of Allah)

“Allah commands you towards justice) (Adalat - Adalat is a Shia belief in the 5 roots of usul-ad-din and it means justice)

“Falsehood shall never come into it” (Qur’an)

“They do not precede him” (Angels)

“Allah sees every person in prayer” (Prayer)

“Obey God and the Messenger” (Allah and Muhammad)

“He gives life and causes death” (Nature of Allah)

“Every person has angels before and behind him” (Angels)

“Hurry towards the reminder of God” (Jummah - Friday Prayer)

10 quotes, hope this is helpful :wink: i would recommend not panicking and keep writing them, then try to remember from memory. Make sure you get some rest tonight and I would recommend waking up in the morning earlier to go over them, but not super early of course!!

Also, here's a quotation bank which you can use
Original post by 234532dsd32
-For:
- In order for God to be able to create the world he needs to be transcendent, world was created exnihilo 'do you not see god created the heavens & the earth'
- For God to be close with us & work within creation he has to be immanent 'we are closer to human than your jugular vein' weak argument, God doesn't have to be immanent to work within creation as he has Angels, Prophets etc
-Against:
-Tawhid is the most important belief as its central to Islamic faith. For example its said in the shahadah 'there is no god but Allah & Muhammad is the messanger of God', strong argument bcs w/out shahadah foundation of Islam gone e.g can't do salah. hajj etc
- Adalat is the most important belief. It's apart of 5 roots of usul adin and will prevent muslims commiting sins as God will judge them. Strong argument, if God wasn't fair & just muslims may be tempted to sin as they won't be punished for bad acts

Honestly thank you so much!
Original post by leachy_

For
Against
For
Against
Conclusion

Life saver
Good luck everyone!
Original post by niloofar Hemmat
my teacher has said that for Christianity we might get a 12 marker or any sort of question on pilgrimages and for judaism we might get a 12 marker on pesach

BROoooo 😭😭😭😭😭 i geninuely hope we do not get pilgrimage if we do ill literally die there.But i prepare for pesach this morning.
idk but i just dont have a lot to say about pilgrimage pilgrimage .im really hoping that doesnt happen
Good luck everyone!

Good luck to you as well
Original post by donebeinginthesh
Good luck to you as well

Good luck to everyone
Good luck everyone, you've got this! Let us know you've got on today. Best of luck from The Student Room. :heart:
Right guys.... how did it go???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending