The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Religious Studies Paper 1 (8062/ 11-17) - 15th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

The Christianity paper was really difficult! I had to rewrite the Tearfund one because I read the question wrong, and I also calculated the timings wrong, so I was 10mins behind. But the Buddhism paper was relatively good. How did you guys find it?
Me going to the exam and only knowing what Christianity is as a religion: 🤓
Original post by limbobimbo
how'd u get a 9? like wats ur technique with revising/knowing content? Because no matter how much i learn a topic, i never know enough

I didn't really revise for it, my teacher made my class do a lot of practice papers though so that helped. Use the edexcel book for all of the information about each topic it's really good.
Original post by Adithya2007
Me going to the exam and only knowing what Christianity is as a religion: 🤓

oh no! :zomg:

How do you think it went overall?
For the Buddhism paper, on the question about the aim of becoming a Bodhisattva, I didn't write anything about becoming a Bodhisattva and staying in the cycle of samsara, but I only really wrote about becoming enlightened idk how much they correlate but hopefully my points have validity.
Original post by Evil Homer
oh no! :zomg:

How do you think it went overall?

It was good but I forgot what Christian aid was. I still managed to answer it
Original post by Adithya2007
It was good but I forgot what Christian aid was. I still managed to answer it

If you got an answer down then I think you've done really well!
I actually did Christianity and Judaism it was actually good.but I messed up in the first 12 marker for Judaism everyone was talking about how the wrote tikkun olam and shabbat and how it related to God as creator sooo smart😭 but I didn't say anything about that all I did was write about him being the creator so he's respected 😭😭😭😭
Reply 48
that was pretty good
I think it went okay! There was a point where I didn't think I'd be able to finish the paper but I thankfully managed to complete all the questions on time!
Right guys.... how did it go???

As Muslims say, Alhamdulillah. :biggrin:
Original post by minwom28818
The Christianity paper was really difficult! I had to rewrite the Tearfund one because I read the question wrong, and I also calculated the timings wrong, so I was 10mins behind. But the Buddhism paper was relatively good. How did you guys find it?

OMG I HATED THAT QUEATION i do Sikhism though as well but the CAFOD Christian aid and tearfund question was so specific . I’d give the whole thing 7/10 questions were pretty good
Original post by Light of Truth
As Muslims say, Alhamdulillah. :biggrin:

Taking it the exam went well then? :biggrin:
Original post by minwom28818

Which exam board were these papers? I might move this chat into the exam thread :smile:
Reply 54
This was sooolo easy
If you got an answer down then I think you've done really well!

yea thank god i did. that question was kinda shady ngl. so was the last 12 marker for islam but wrote something at least
Reply 56
I feel like the grade boundaries this year will be a lot similar to 2019
Reply 57
okay that wasn't too bad?? (aqa) the christianity 12 markers were good, there were a few bad buddhism questions like the 5 marker on retreats but other than that im pretty happy with how i did and i know i do better on paper 2 anyway
Reply 58
Right guys.... how did it go???

it was alright! there were a couple of questions which i probably didn't do as well on as i could've (like a buddhism one on dependent arising), but overall i knew all the content and was quite glad
Reply 59
Original post by awhi
it was alright! there were a couple of questions which i probably didn't do as well on as i could've (like a buddhism one on dependent arising), but overall i knew all the content and was quite glad

omg i did not know what to write for that one at all i waffled sm

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending