The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Religious Studies Paper 1 (8062/ 11-17) - 15th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

LITERALLY I l barely knew about them so I just said everything I could remember

Original post by k5144
The question on charities for the poor was soo annoying I didn't expect it at all
Reply 81
Original post by ilikehotdogs
i think for beliefs we might get a 12 marker on salvation / which salvation is the most important for a christian

i take it youre good at predictions
Reply 82
Guys, I need help. In the test, it was a 12 marker about Tawhid being the most important belief for Muslims, in my against, I was talking about Shahadah and how it is whispered into a baby's ear and how without it, its shirk. Will I get it wrong
Reply 83
Original post by Evil Homer
Right guys.... how did it go???

I did Christianity and Islam, it actually went okay! I just got stuck on a question about Tawhid for the 12 marker in Islam and also the CAFOD Christian Aid question really threw me off :frown: but i think it went pretty well luckily in all honesty! I managed to finish all the questions with 5 minutes to spare :wink: I’m just worried I won’t be able to get as high as my mocks but I only need a 6 or above for A-Level which I think I can get!
Original post by haniyah4047
I like ran out of time near the end and rushed 2 of my 12 markers and didn't complete one of them and my handwriting was almost illegible
The last 12 marker on christianity and last one on islam were both horrible. If you didn't write any quotes, what is the max number of marks in 12 marker?

11 I think
Original post by 18ihussen
i take it youre good at predictions

the way my face lit up when i saw that LMAO
Reply 86
did anybody do AQA religious studies B paper, the topics were incarnation, triune god, redemption and eschatology?
Reply 87
My dad is muslim and my mom is christian- this was the easiest paper of my life (obv they are divorced)
anyone else do christniaity n islam
Reply 89
Original post by k5144
The question on charities for the poor was soo annoying I didn't expect it at all

for real lolll i was so lucky for that because i'd just crammed charities right before...what one did you write about? i did tearfund
Reply 90
Original post by ThatGuy60
Guys, I need help. In the test, it was a 12 marker about Tawhid being the most important belief for Muslims, in my against, I was talking about Shahadah and how it is whispered into a baby's ear and how without it, its shirk. Will I get it wrong

The part about Shahadah and how its whispered into a baby's ear sounds right, but i dont know about the Shirk part since I have never heard of that. I know that Shirk means associating partners with God, but i dont know if you can link it with that point but who knows if u backed it up well and gave evidence then maybe examiners might be nice?
I wrote about that for my agree point and said that tawhid is important because without it shirk is committed which is a grave sin so people refrain from commiting shirk by believing in tawhid so it is the most important. Idk if this is right though
Reply 92
I like ran out of time near the end and rushed 2 of my 12 markers and didn't complete one of them and my handwriting was almost illegible
The last 12 marker on christianity and last one on islam were both horrible. If you didn't write any quotes, what is the max number of marks in 12 marker?

Max is 10
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 93
I wrote about that for my agree point and said that tawhid is important because without it shirk is committed which is a grave sin so people refrain from commiting shirk by believing in tawhid so it is the most important. Idk if this is right though

it’s right
Reply 94
Original post by jfatt
did anybody do AQA religious studies B paper, the topics were incarnation, triune god, redemption and eschatology?

yes ! i liked the paper tbh
Original post by ibzzzzz
Max is 10

thanks lol it makes me more satisfied knowing I did not loose too many marks but in SPAG i feel i may loose marks since i was rushing at the end haha.
Reply 96
Original post by emilyworrell
the last 12 marker on islam was absolutely awful i’m not sure how many marks you would’ve got if you didn’t use a quote though

it wasn’t awful:

ppl can’t pray at work
hajj is expensive
zakah is difficult due to cost of living crisis
Original post by ibzzzzz
it wasn’t awful:

ppl can’t pray at work
hajj is expensive
zakah is difficult due to cost of living crisis

noooo i shoulda said that ****
Original post by gcsegobbler
noooo i shoulda said that ****

Don't beat yourself up too much, I'm sure you did well :smile: Just focus on what you have next and keep going!
Reply 99
The tearfund question I said they accept charitable donations and use the money towards the poor and that they travel to countries and provide resources for those in need :frown: I literally made it up on the spot
Alsoo I did so badly in the 4 marker Christian beliefs about the problem of evil, I said it influences Christians to follow Jesus' teachings and show gratitude through songs of praise and worship because Jesus defeated sin when he suffered on the cross. I know that's so embarrassing but I just went blank in the exam, I hope I still get some marks because I revised so much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending