The Student Room Group

a levels for medicine

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I am about to choose for my A-levels, and i wish to study medicine or a medicine related course,
at the moment im choosing
Biology
Chemistry
Psycology
GeographyA2 (i have already completed my As)

is there any way that i can do a medicine related career without doing chemistry, as i find it very difficult (got an A a GCSE) as im not that good at maths.

Please Help
Lottie28
I am about to choose for my A-levels, and i wish to study medicine or a medicine related course,
at the moment im choosing
Biology
Chemistry
Psycology
GeographyA2 (i have already completed my As)

is there any way that i can do a medicine related career without doing chemistry, as i find it very difficult (got an A a GCSE) as im not that good at maths.

Please Help

i think you would find getting into medicine without chemistry to AS quite a problem. Could you manage one year of it? A lot of people in my chemitry class didn't do maths and have had no problem. To be honest the maths isn't hard at all. Its just using the same method in most cases. So I would do chemistry to AS otherwise you are really limited. I think it is a requirement to A2 at most with the exception of some saying taking it to AS is okay. Myabe talk to your teachers about the course and get as much help as you can throughout the year get a good textbook and you should be fine.
Good luck xxx
Reply 22
Original post by Lollipop207
this question is specifically for medicine students at university as they would have gone through the process before, but any suggestions will help :smile: .. what a levels are generally needed to study medicine at university?
at the moment i'm thinking of taking
chemistry
biology
psychology
english literature
do you think i need to change any? i have heard that mathematics is a must but i'm not sure? any suggestions?

Most people say that it is ESSENTIAL to have maths, but it isn't it's preferred, yes, but you don't need to take it.

Quick Reply

Latest