The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Psychology

The standard offer for psychology is AAA. If my predicted grades are A*A*A, do I have a high chance of getting an offer?

Has anyone received psychology offer already? Thank you!
Reply 1
I noticed from TSR that the entry requirements for Psychology from last year were AAB whereas this year has raised to AAA. Even though Psychology is not as competitive as Economics in Warwick, still make me wonder why Warwick raises the standard offer? Is the course oversubscribed from last year? I like to decide which Uni to put as a safe choice, but now seems uncertain if Warwick can be one.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
From what I've heard, if you meet the conditional offer then it would be very rare not to get in. I am also predicted A*A*A and applying for psych, and got a conditional offer- I still have some decisions to make, but if I get only one other offer, Warwick would be my safe choice. But Warwick is the one I've applied to with the highest chance of me getting in, so here I am- So, I would say it depends on what your other choices are.
Reply 3
Original post by Lil_Student
From what I've heard, if you meet the conditional offer then it would be very rare not to get in. I am also predicted A*A*A and applying for psych, and got a conditional offer- I still have some decisions to make, but if I get only one other offer, Warwick would be my safe choice. But Warwick is the one I've applied to with the highest chance of me getting in, so here I am- So, I would say it depends on what your other choices are.

May I know if you have already received Warwick offer for psychology? Congratulations!

I still have not submitted my UCAS yet as did not apply Oxbridge. I am still deciding my 5 Uni choices. The aggressive ones are UCL, LSE, KCL and Bath. The safer Unis are Warwick, Birmingham and Nottingham but I would like to put one safe choice only as at the end will only need to put one firm and one insurance, so I am still hesitating if Warwick can be my only safe choice to put in UCAS.

May I know which 3 subjects are you taking? My 3 subjects are math, psychology and biology (A* A* A). Thank you!
Original post by mangobb
May I know if you have already received Warwick offer for psychology? Congratulations!

I still have not submitted my UCAS yet as did not apply Oxbridge. I am still deciding my 5 Uni choices. The aggressive ones are UCL, LSE, KCL and Bath. The safer Unis are Warwick, Birmingham and Nottingham but I would like to put one safe choice only as at the end will only need to put one firm and one insurance, so I am still hesitating if Warwick can be my only safe choice to put in UCAS.

May I know which 3 subjects are you taking? My 3 subjects are math, psychology and biology (A* A* A). Thank you!

Hi! Yep, I've received an offer- they seem to be sending them out as soon as possible, so you might want to not wait on the application. I'm taking psychology, philosophy, and english lit.
Reply 5
Hi! Yep, I've received an offer- they seem to be sending them out as soon as possible, so you might want to not wait on the application. I'm taking psychology, philosophy, and english lit.

Thank you for your advice! I am waiting for school to review then will sending them soon.
Reply 6

Do you mind sharing what offers are given by Warwick? is it same as standard offer AAA? Thank you!
Original post by mangobb
Do you mind sharing what offers are given by Warwick? is it same as standard offer AAA? Thank you!

Yeah, I got AAA/ A*AB (the equivalent offer). Afaik, that's what everyone else has been offered, but I don't know enough people who have received offers to be sure. No problem!
Reply 8
Hi, has anyone received Psychology offer so far?
Original post by mangobb
Hi, has anyone received Psychology offer so far?

Hi! yes, I received a psychology offer about a month ago- I applied in September

Quick Reply

Latest