The Student Room Group

Worcester Graduate Medicine 2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by de chalain
Avoid this university!

? why
Student support is lacking, no activities that are actually available to anyone unless you’re part of a club etc. And even those are minimal. Everything you have to pay for. Courses structures are very “winging it” and it’s clear the only thing the uni is after is your money
Original post by kay mohanna
Good morning to all those interested in MBChB @ TCMS!

We have been delighted with the number and calibre of all of those applying to us and have now finished shortlisting all current applications. Letters will be coming out soon inviting you to sit for CASPer (Feb 15th) and book in for interviews (First week of March). Applications for home places closed on October 15th.

International students, with an apptitude test in hand, are welcome to continue to apply until January 31st, through UCAS.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Hello,
If I am invited to sit the CASPER exam, but have already sat the exam as part of another Universities admission, am I required to sit it again?
Many thanks
Good morning to all those interested in MBChB @ TCMS!

We have been delighted with the number and calibre of all of those applying to us and have now finished shortlisting all current applications. Letters will be coming out soon inviting you to sit for CASPer (Feb 15th) and book in for interviews (First week of March). Applications for home places closed on October 15th.

International students, with an apptitude test in hand, are welcome to continue to apply until January 31st, through UCAS.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Hi, hope you're well. When are these letters/emails expected to go out? Also, will they go out at once or in batches? Thanks in advance.
Original post by propagation
Hello,
If I am invited to sit the CASPER exam, but have already sat the exam as part of another Universities admission, am I required to sit it again?
Many thanks

It depends. Firstly, don't take the CASPer exam unless we contact you. Only shortlisted candidates need to sit it.

Then, if you have done the same version of CASPer as we require, then no, you wont need to do it again - you can ask Acuity to distribute your last result to us. But you must have taken it in this UCAS cycle
Original post by anonmeddymed
Hi, hope you're well. When are these letters/emails expected to go out? Also, will they go out at once or in batches? Thanks in advance.

We expect to send all the letters for home applicants, plus those international applicants who have applied already, by the end of next week (Dec 15th).
It depends. Firstly, don't take the CASPer exam unless we contact you. Only shortlisted candidates need to sit it.

Then, if you have done the same version of CASPer as we require, then no, you wont need to do it again - you can ask Acuity to distribute your last result to us. But you must have taken it in this UCAS cycle

Hi im aware that you require the CSP-10506 - UK Professional Health Sciences.
All other universities that required the casper for graduates required us to take the CSP-20501 - UK Graduate Professional Health Sciences.

The only difference here is one is for graduates and the other isn't. Would this mean we need to retake the non-graduate version that TCMS states on their site?
Thank you in advance for your response.
No, it is the same for TCMS as for all graduate schools - We are a graduate entry school so you need to take the graduate CSP-20501-242 (United Kingdom UK Graduate Professional Health Sciences version. If you check the Acuity website, you can see KMMS and TCMS both listed.
The TCMS website needed updating for 2024 when we started shortlisting. We apologise for the confusion
No, it is the same for TCMS as for all graduate schools - We are a graduate entry school so you need to take the graduate CSP-20501-242 (United Kingdom UK Graduate Professional Health Sciences version. If you check the Acuity website, you can see KMMS and TCMS both listed.
The TCMS website needed updating for 2024 when we started shortlisting. We apologise for the confusion

Hi,
I have just checked and TCMS doesnt come up in the distribution list. I assume this is because you aren't accepting it until february?

Thank you for clarifying.
Original post by anonmeddymed
Hi,
I have just checked and TCMS doesnt come up in the distribution list. I assume this is because you aren't accepting it until february?

Thank you for clarifying.

It's here: https://acuityinsights.app/dates-times/

Thank you for the information.

thank you !
Has anyone heard anything?
Reply 33
Original post by tijaashley

Nope
Original post by tijaashley

Not yet, still anxiously waiting lol
I’m in the webinar right now. They said they had 1200 applicant and they picked 188 people for interviews then they will pick 50 after interviewing. They said interviews are released in batches and that will be THIS week and NEXT week. They also said some people have already received invites! Interviews will be held on the first week of March. Hope this helps!
Also they said they don’t take lower than 2400 for UCAT and have been picking people for interviews based on their UCAT ranking so most students are above 2800 according to the course leader.
Reply 37
Original post by L4458
I’m in the webinar right now. They said they had 1200 applicant and they picked 188 people for interviews then they will pick 50 after interviewing. They said interviews are released in batches and that will be THIS week and NEXT week. They also said some people have already received invites! Interviews will be held on the first week of March. Hope this helps!

Thanks so much. This is very helpful!
Original post by L4458
Also they said they don’t take lower than 2400 for UCAT and have been picking people for interviews based on their UCAT ranking so most students are above 2800 according to the course leader.

Thank you for the insight!
Reply 39
Original post by L4458

what about ppl who did the gamsat?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending