The Student Room Group

Worcester Graduate Medicine 2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by guccitae

what about ppl who did the gamsat?

Nothing lower than 50.
Original post by L4458
Also they said they don’t take lower than 2400 for UCAT and have been picking people for interviews based on their UCAT ranking so most students are above 2800 according to the course leader.

Thankyou. So pre interview selection is purely based on aptitude testing? I assumed they were taking a more holistic approach looking as PS and work experience based on the webinar I joined a few months back. I’m over 2400 but didn’t get 2800 so probably out for Worcester 👎
Original post by tijaashley

Thankyou. So pre interview selection is purely based on aptitude testing? I assumed they were taking a more holistic approach looking as PS and work experience based on the webinar I joined a few months back. I’m over 2400 but didn’t get 2800 so probably out for Worcester 👎

The thing is they were extremely confusing! They said we look ‘holistically’ then two mins later said they already looked and ranked everyone from top to bottom! So I’m equally as baffled as you because they don’t seem to make sense
Original post by L4458
The thing is they were extremely confusing! They said we look ‘holistically’ then two mins later said they already looked and ranked everyone from top to bottom! So I’m equally as baffled as you because they don’t seem to make sense

I went to an open day for the course and asked this question too, and they confirmed they wouldn’t rank us by UCAT score or degree classification. They said they would look at everyone’s application holistically!
I hit at least 4 of their holistic criteria but didn't get 2800+ in my UCAT. It almost feels like a wasted option after being told something different
(edited 4 months ago)
Hmmm. I applied strategically because they placed a big emphasis on work experience, and seem to emphasise primary care too which is where my experience is. Also it’s the closest to my home address but my UCAT score certainly isn’t high enough if it’s the only consideration! We can but wait 🥵
Honestly, I thought there major focus was work experience, so disappointed to hear they ranked the candidates by UCAT.
Reply 46
Kay said earlier in this thread that invitations to interview would be sent out by 15th December but in the webinar they said this week and next week? Does anyone know if we will receive rejections at the same time or is it that the only way we will know is if we don’t get an email from them this week or next?
To be honest what I read today doesn't make much sense. Why pick 188 for interview, then only give out 50 offers for 50 home places (as specified by government funding). Not all those 50 will select Worcester, if they have offers from more established medical schools. Just doesn't make any sense.
In response to all your questions, I am disappointed too because the webinar really shed light on their misinformation since the beginning. They even said that they don’t emphasise on work experience like Warwick do and instead they look at everything. They kept saying we look at everything holistically yet said we were all ranked in order of UCAT. I was gobsmacked when I heard her say 188 like it seemed so random because other unis interview a lot more! She basically said that since they’ve ranked them in order of UCAT score they have not really picked any one with less than 2800….. so I really don’t know what to say but they really advertised themselves in a different way like I genuinely feel deceived
Reply 49
Original post by L4458
In response to all your questions, I am disappointed too because the webinar really shed light on their misinformation since the beginning. They even said that they don’t emphasise on work experience like Warwick do and instead they look at everything. They kept saying we look at everything holistically yet said we were all ranked in order of UCAT. I was gobsmacked when I heard her say 188 like it seemed so random because other unis interview a lot more! She basically said that since they’ve ranked them in order of UCAT score they have not really picked any one with less than 2800….. so I really don’t know what to say but they really advertised themselves in a different way like I genuinely feel deceived

That’s so frustrating. At the open day I went to the messages were a bit mixed too, I was told that all aspects of the application were assessed when deciding whether to interview or not but I was also told that applications would be ranked by UCAT/GAMSAT score and the top however many would be interviewed. I love the look of the course, Worcester is 100% my top choice (if I get a choice..!) but I wish I had any kind of idea if I’m even going to get an interview.
Did they mention what the range of GAMSAT scores they were considering? If the lowest UCAT is 2400, but they are focusing on the 2800 range, I wonder if they are doing a similar with the GAMSAT.
Original post by Jessicaaliax
Did they mention what the range of GAMSAT scores they were considering? If the lowest UCAT is 2400, but they are focusing on the 2800 range, I wonder if they are doing a similar with the GAMSAT.

Who knows, too many mixed messages and confusion. Only thing we can do is wait and see if we get an interview or a rejection, that is the only measure we can be sure of.
Did they say anything about sitting the Casper? If it when we do the interview in March?
Reply 53
Original post by elizagyoung
Did they say anything about sitting the Casper? If it when we do the interview in March?

It’s in February, I think it’s the 15th but can’t quite remember. There is some information about it earlier in this thread :smile:
Has anyone received an invite yet?
I think some people have but they are not on here,(someone attended a seminar recently).
Just to clarify, if we haven’t heard by Christmas it’s probably a rejection?
Original post by Jessicaaliax
I think some people have but they are not on here,(someone attended a seminar recently).

I was the one who attended the seminar and they said they will send invites out in batches this week and next week. I believe they won’t offer anything after Xmas so most likely a rejection if not heard anything before January. Which is unfortunate considering how **** they’ve been when clarifying what exactly they want
Anyone heard anything yet?
Reply 59
No 😭

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending