The Student Room Group

Uni of Reading, Architecture

Hey I have an interview for the course above in reading and have to submit a portfolio, does anyone have any advice and tips? how is the course like as well? thanks!
Original post by Razzn
Hey I have an interview for the course above in reading and have to submit a portfolio, does anyone have any advice and tips? how is the course like as well? thanks!

Be prepared to answer question such as 'why architecture' and 'why Reading', and be prepared to talk through some of your pieces in your portfolio.
Original post by Razzn

Hello @Razzn Congratulations on receiving an invitation for an interview! As @normaw has highlighted, there will be a lot of emphasis on talking through your portfolio, as they're really interesting to see how you develop your ideas (so not just the final outcome of the sketch) and discussing your approaches to drawing and design. So being prepared to talk through your portfolio is key! I would recommend messaging Katie (who is a current student), on Unibuddy which will hopefully be helpful! - https://www.reading.ac.uk/about/chat-to-our-students?unibuddy=buddies/students/63ed294de8b79c0f33fdf7a7.
Hopefully this has helped , and most of all Good Luck!
Owain :smile:
2nd year Mathematics and Economics student
Reply 3
Thank you!
Original post by UniofReading
Hello @Razzn Congratulations on receiving an invitation for an interview! As @normaw has highlighted, there will be a lot of emphasis on talking through your portfolio, as they're really interesting to see how you develop your ideas (so not just the final outcome of the sketch) and discussing your approaches to drawing and design. So being prepared to talk through your portfolio is key! I would recommend messaging Katie (who is a current student), on Unibuddy which will hopefully be helpful! - https://www.reading.ac.uk/about/chat-to-our-students?unibuddy=buddies/students/63ed294de8b79c0f33fdf7a7.
Hopefully this has helped , and most of all Good Luck!
Owain :smile:
2nd year Mathematics and Economics student

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending