The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol undergrad psychology

Hi! I'm just looking at psychology undergraduate courses and wondered whether anyone knows which are best for more flexible and personal module choices. Some seem very set and ruled by the BPS accreditation but I would like to look at different perspectives e.g. philosophy of psychology or environmental psychology. Thanks!
Original post by gilmoregirl8
Hi! I'm just looking at psychology undergraduate courses and wondered whether anyone knows which are best for more flexible and personal module choices. Some seem very set and ruled by the BPS accreditation but I would like to look at different perspectives e.g. philosophy of psychology or environmental psychology. Thanks!

All BPS accredited courses will have a lot of similar content due to the accreditation. If you want to go into a professional psychology role after graduating at any point you should aim for a BPS accredited course.

If you aren't aiming for that then you could look at joint honours courses.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Original post by artful_lounger
All BPS accredited courses will have a lot of similar content due to the accreditation. If you want to go into a professional psychology role after graduating at any point you should aim for a BPS accredited course.

If you aren't aiming for that then you could look at joint honours courses.

Thanks.
I am looking to go into clinical psychology so yes I need the accreditation.
I just wondered whether anyone knew which unis offer more optional psychology modules to choose as some it seems to all be compulsory.
Original post by gilmoregirl8
Thanks.
I am looking to go into clinical psychology so yes I need the accreditation.
I just wondered whether anyone knew which unis offer more optional psychology modules to choose as some it seems to all be compulsory.

Invariably for a BPS accredited degree most of the modules for the first two years at least end up being largely compulsory ones. I don't think you'll find too much difference there. You'll then have more range of options in third year, so look at what options are offered in final year (and recognise you won't be able to take all of them!).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending