The Student Room Group

Taking a gamble

So kind of been thinking about relationships. I'm not in one at the moment but could be soon. Thing is it kind of comes with the realisation for me that the right or wrong relationship could make or break the rest of your life. I mean a bad relationship can do a lot of damage to your life, make you miserable, even destroy it - worst case scenario. I know this is kind of looking on the pessimistic side but it does happen.

The ting is peoples personalities can vary widely. Someone you think might not be your type could turn out to be the right person to be with or not and vice versa. While taking it steady early in is probably a good way to possibly get an insight some stuff might only reveal itself later. A good relationship might turn into a nightmare.

So no joy in life ending up in a bad place and yet to remain single also a potentially bad place in terms of being single, so what to do?

Take a gamble on a relationship with someone or play it safe, stay with family until it's just you remaining and living a single isolated life?
Reply 1
Original post by Katerina S.
So kind of been thinking about relationships. I'm not in one at the moment but could be soon. Thing is it kind of comes with the realisation for me that the right or wrong relationship could make or break the rest of your life. I mean a bad relationship can do a lot of damage to your life, make you miserable, even destroy it - worst case scenario. I know this is kind of looking on the pessimistic side but it does happen.

The ting is peoples personalities can vary widely. Someone you think might not be your type could turn out to be the right person to be with or not and vice versa. While taking it steady early in is probably a good way to possibly get an insight some stuff might only reveal itself later. A good relationship might turn into a nightmare.

So no joy in life ending up in a bad place and yet to remain single also a potentially bad place in terms of being single, so what to do?

Take a gamble on a relationship with someone or play it safe, stay with family until it's just you remaining and living a single isolated life?

If the options are being risky or staying single permanently obviously the choice will be to take the gamble. But in reality, the likelihood of a relationship being so horrible it ruins someone's life is low, so it probably isn't worth worrying about a terrible relationship before you're even in one. Most relationships are fine. Perhaps not amazing, but if all of them were we'd only ever have one relationship. There's a lot of joy to find in love though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending