The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry requirements

I’m currently taking a gap year to apply to LSE for psychological and behavioural science for 2024 and I’m wondering how seriously they take GCSEs. I’ve achieved A*AA in my A levels which is enough for their A level entry requirements however it says on ucas they also require gcse level 7 in maths but I’ve only gotten a 6. Do you think it’s impossible for me to get into LSE?
Original post by Jennie24
I’m currently taking a gap year to apply to LSE for psychological and behavioural science for 2024 and I’m wondering how seriously they take GCSEs. I’ve achieved A*AA in my A levels which is enough for their A level entry requirements however it says on ucas they also require gcse level 7 in maths but I’ve only gotten a 6. Do you think it’s impossible for me to get into LSE?

It's not impossible, but it's very unlikely. They receive a lot of applications, and these entry requirements are essentially the minimum to have your application considered. If you don't have extenuating circumstances to account for your GCSE grades, your chances of acceptance aren't great.
(edited 7 months ago)
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by Jennie24

If you don't meet the specified minimum requirements, it will almost certainly be an automatic rejection I'm afraid. Even lower tariff unis are strict about their published GCSE requirements. In a way they need to be, as they are used as a filter, and unis need to be very transparent about who they let in to avoid claims and appeals, especially at somewhere as brutally competitive as LSE.
Most if not all unis won’t budge on GCSE requirements, and since LSE is so brutally competitive you can expect an automatic rejection with your grade as it is, unfortunately. To have any chance at all of admission you will need to resit and get that 7, however they prefer applicants who achieve the results at the first attempt (as stated on their admissions policy page).

If you have mitigating circumstances they should take that into account if you do resit, however it may be too much of a gamble. Many, many applicants with perfect predicted/achieved grades are rejected every year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending