The Student Room Group

Deciding on my a levels

I’m deciding between accounting and finance and law (to go into corporate or medical negligence law). I’ve picked biology, economics and psychology. There aren’t really any specific subjects required except for accounting and finance but for some schools you need an A in math but I’m not naturally talented at math and I need to get an A or else I’ll end up at a mediocre school. No hate to them but I have aspirations and financial goals and the uni you go to is important. What a levels do you think I should do? As I don’t want to take gamble with math and end up with a B (which is good but schools don’t want B’s) or even a C. I can’t even predict the grade boundaries because for this is year it was outrageous. The math grade boundaries were shockingly high. When I went to enrol at my school politics was full so I decided to choose biology thinking I’d go to forensic psychology but I’m not sure about that. I don’t think I want to do that anymore because everyone is apposed to it in my household and the pay isn’t that good as the other careers. I have to pick three a levels that align with the career choices I have in mind. Oh and if I pick math and end up not going into accounting and finance then it could jeopardise my chances at getting into a good school for law since you need A*
Reply 1
Take maths. Maths allows you to keep your uni degree options wide. Just make sure you work hard in maths

Quick Reply

Latest