The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level English Literature Paper 1 (9ET0 01) - 24th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Edexcel A-level English Literature Paper 1 (9ET0 01) - 24th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.
Wishing you all the best of luck. :yy:

General Information
Date/Time: Wednesday 24th May 2023/ PM
Length: 2hr 15m

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
othello and streetcar predictions?
for othello or doas, does anyone have any revision websites or sm
Reply 3
does anyone else do twelfth night?
Reply 4
Original post by flower747
does anyone else do twelfth night?

I do, my predictions so far are Viola, twins, or use of disguise.
Reply 5
I definitely feel like Viola will be the character question which would be so great, I think madness or carnival could possibly come up as well?
Original post by katie2675
I do, my predictions so far are Viola, twins, or use of disguise.
Reply 6
I definitely feel like Viola will be the character question which would be so great, I think madness or carnival could possibly come up as well?

Those are good ideas tbh especially bc the closest question to those before would be festive comedy which was 2017 so it’s been a while.

Could also see them focussing on use of music or doing ambition tbh too.
Reply 7
god id hate use of music lol
I don't think the questions last year were that nice so hopefully they are a bit nicer this year
Those are good ideas tbh especially bc the closest question to those before would be festive comedy which was 2017 so it’s been a while.

Could also see them focussing on use of music or doing ambition tbh too.
Reply 8
any predictions for hamlet?
Reply 9
god id hate use of music lol
I don't think the questions last year were that nice so hopefully they are a bit nicer this year

I know music would be terrible!! But I definitely think it’ll be in there at some point if it isn’t this year.
Reply 10
streetcar/othello predictions ?
Original post by hello1736
streetcar/othello predictions ?

Possible themes for Streetcar: death + desire, fantasy + delusion, female entrapment, social class, madness + marginality, symbols , drugs + alcohol, appearance, sex, cruelty, primitive + primal, power , fear, truth
Hi does anyone have access to the questions for streetcar and othello from last year
Original post by bettyiskewl
Hi does anyone have access to the questions for streetcar and othello from last year

Streetcar - uncertain world / tension between the past and the present
Othello - Jealousy / relationship between Desdemona + Emilia
i made a list of othello themes, hope its beneficial to anyone studying it!

Jealousy
Love
Relationships
Tragedy
Conflict
Deception
Lies
Racism
Honour/reputation
Control
Justice
Isolation
order/chaos
Passion
Identity
loyalty
Hey, does anyone know which editions of the books we can bring into the exams? For King Lear and The Importance of Being Earnest I bought the Penguin Classics editions. However, The Importance of Being Earnest has an introduction. Should I be worried? I checked the specification and it doesn’t suggest any particular edition.
Reply 16
Original post by isabelleculy123
Hey, does anyone know which editions of the books we can bring into the exams? For King Lear and The Importance of Being Earnest I bought the Penguin Classics editions. However, The Importance of Being Earnest has an introduction. Should I be worried? I checked the specification and it doesn’t suggest any particular edition.

You’re allowed any edition from what my teachers have said! They told us which editions to buy for lessons so everyone had the same copies for ease and almost all of ours have introductions, it’s actually quite hard to get cheap ones that don’t!!
You’re allowed any edition from what my teachers have said! They told us which editions to buy for lessons so everyone had the same copies for ease and almost all of ours have introductions, it’s actually quite hard to get cheap ones that don’t!!

Thanks for letting me know!
Reply 18
Original post by Pwca

Edexcel A-level English Literature Paper 1 (9ET0 01) - 24th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.
Wishing you all the best of luck. :yy:

General Information
Date/Time: Wednesday 24th May 2023/ PM
Length: 2hr 15m

stupidest question: what time are all the exams... is pm 1.30 and am 9 am?
Reply 19
Original post by beefreya
stupidest question: what time are all the exams... is pm 1.30 and am 9 am?

No, 9.15am, 1.45pm starts but you’re supposed to get there obvs earlier so get there for the times you said at the very latest.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending