The Student Room Group

Social services uk

I am living in the UK and there is a chance I may be separated from my family by social services. I am a county hockey player and want to know will I be able to continue my sport on a professional level if this occurs
Yes in theory you still can it more so depends if you can still play the sport you currently do after social services separate you from your current family
Reply 2
Original post by Tilly0561
I am living in the UK and there is a chance I may be separated from my family by social services. I am a county hockey player and want to know will I be able to continue my sport on a professional level if this occurs

Hi there.

My social worker seprated me from my family to foster care and it was bad. But at that time I didn't really know what real parent is like. My parent was very abusive. Honestly I'm glad that I left my family. If you have a loving parent that doesn't abuse you emotionally or physically then you should be fine as the social worker wouldn't seprate you from your family for no reason.

If you got seprated from your family then you can still continue play hockey however there is some foster care that are abusive from my experience. If your foster care refuse to let you to do hockey sport then you can demand your social worker to move another foster care. That happened to me and it worked. You just need to be strong and have the ability to stand up for yourself.

-Jeffrey
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by jporter896
Hi there.

My social worker seprated me from my family to foster care and it was bad. But at that time I didn't really know what real parent is like. My parent was very abusive. Honestly I'm glad that I left my family. If you have a loving parent that doesn't abuse you emotionally or physically then you should be fine as the social worker wouldn't seprate you from your family.

If you got seprated from your family then you can still continue play hockey however there is some foster care that are abusive from my experience. If your foster care refuse to let you to do hockey sport then you can demand your social worker to move another foster care. That happened to me and it worked. You just need to be strong and have the ability to stand up for yourself.

-Jeffrey

Also let me know if you want my social media either instagram or snap. if you want someone to talk to.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending