The Student Room Group

pen recommendation

okay soooo lt's just start by saying i am total nerd when it comes to stationary, especially pens. idk there is just something about a good pen which makes me actually want to study. so yeah, don't make fun of me for making an entire post about pens please!!

anyways, ive tried basically every pen that whs smith, tesco, rymans etc has to offer (at least the ones that aren't a ridiculous amount). the BEST pen is the pentel energel pen. i loveee gel pens but am very prone to smudging, so i dislike many, however this is so quick drying and you can highlight over with 0 smudge after like a 1/2 second. it also has a super comfy grip, and is easy to write with. and its literally only like £4 per pen.

so yeah! if your like me and either a stationary-obsessed freak or just looking for a note taking pen, hope this helps!

also- it is a clickly pen, no lid which is great! (peronsal preference, i have a tendency to lose lids)

sorry if this is a stupid post lmao, just happy to find a good pen
Reply 1
Original post by evajess13
okay soooo lt's just start by saying i am total nerd when it comes to stationary, especially pens. idk there is just something about a good pen which makes me actually want to study. so yeah, don't make fun of me for making an entire post about pens please!!

anyways, ive tried basically every pen that whs smith, tesco, rymans etc has to offer (at least the ones that aren't a ridiculous amount). the BEST pen is the pentel energel pen. i loveee gel pens but am very prone to smudging, so i dislike many, however this is so quick drying and you can highlight over with 0 smudge after like a 1/2 second. it also has a super comfy grip, and is easy to write with. and its literally only like £4 per pen.

so yeah! if your like me and either a stationary-obsessed freak or just looking for a note taking pen, hope this helps!

also- it is a clickly pen, no lid which is great! (peronsal preference, i have a tendency to lose lids)

sorry if this is a stupid post lmao, just happy to find a good pen

No gel pens in exams ...
Reply 2
Original post by Muttley79
No gel pens in exams ...

i know! i meant for note taking, revision, classwork etc
Reply 3
Original post by Muttley79
No gel pens in exams ...

I don’t want to use gel pens for my A level exams but my confusion is where does rollerball pen stand , it does not say gel ink however it is not a standard biro either. Pilot Acroball pens or uniball power tank pens are sold as rollerball pens, would you happened to know if they are gel pens or fall under ballpoint pens & are they suitable for exams? I have 2 very essay based A level subjects and the standard ballpoint biro style pens hurt my hand by the time I am on my 3rd essay. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending