The Student Room Group

My boyfriends stole my speakers

Hi so I was seeing this guy and he stole my speakers. Like literally I left it at his house by accident and he pretended he didn't know where it was. I found it at his house one day in his drawers & he admitted to stealing it. I broke up with him immediately.

Few months later , I started seeing another guy and he stole my then Brand new speakers as well. He said let me borrow them and never returned them. He refused to refund me the money & refused to admit he stole it and claims he lost it even though I know he stole it. This guy I rlly liked but nothing was same after that and we broke up aswell.

I have major trust issues now and feel deeply hurt by it. I'm scared what if it happens again? Do I hav to hide all my valuable possession from men I am seein now or is that bad of me to think? I know it's sounds weird but when using my new speakers now I'm paranoid and keep thinking about how they got stolen b4.

I'm single now but I'm scared if I get into another relationship, should just hide them cus.....every time these men saw my speakers it got robbed. And what hurts is the speakers are good quality but cheap only £45 or , they didn't even bother to ask me where I got it from, I could've sent them a link from Amazon where I bought it and they could've bought their own. It hurts becus I had to end the whole relationships becus of this....I wish it wasn't true.

I had to buy 3 speakers in total and I felt like none of these men gave a **** about how I felt and just felt they could take from me anyhow. They just felt so entitled and couldn't apologise ot admit to any wrong.

I feel like the speakers are cursed or something cus why did this happen twice in a row? What am I doing wrong? How can get over the hurt and betrayal of a boyfriend stealing my speakers?
Reply 1
Silly
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Reebster
Silly

How so
Reply 3
sorry im not going to be able to offer you any decent advice but that is just hilarious. i guess now you know? not to reveal your speakers??
Reply 4
Original post by TazmeenX
sorry im not going to be able to offer you any decent advice but that is just hilarious. i guess now you know? not to reveal your speakers??

That's trues :smile:
Reply 5
Are these men jealous .....is it coming from a place of lack? I've never took anything valuable from them....I promise u if I were to go into there house there's nothing I want in there.

Music is what makes me happy, my speakers made me happy I already had everything I needed. I wish they didn't feel like they were lacking or ever turned their eyes on my things with greed or jealousy, otherwise they won't steal from me....wat could I hav done differently?

Funnily enough, both of them were trying to learn how to drive and purchase a car....and I am just here thinking if u hav enough money to invest towards your driving why couldn't u spend £45 to buy ur own speaker instead of stealing mine🤣......could it be jealousy, shelifishness and hatred ?

They're just so into the materialistic things.....but like JenniferLopez said " my love don't cost a thing". Even after they got the fancy car....I didn't care cus at the end of the day they still betrayed my trust and hurt me....having a car isn't going to take take from the fact that ur a lousy person 😂 I'd rather hav a boyfriend that's humbled and down to earth and treats me with respect and decency than try and brag and flash about buying a car new while in reality u stealing from others.

On his social media u can seem him stunting his car & such.....but that's why u never believe what u see on socials media. Little did people know....he stole from his girlfriend & hurt her....and god knows what else he's doing behind closed doors .
Reply 6
I had the same issue, now I just keep my speakers locked in a safety deposit box at the bank
Reply 7
Original post by gliz
I had the same issue, now I just keep my speakers locked in a safety deposit box at the bank

Ah that seems fair enough :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending