The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Can I transfer from Westminster to Queen Mary in my second year?

I am a first year student at University of Westminster studying Bsc Accounting

I am looking to study 'Bsc Accounting and Management' or 'Bsc Accounting and Finance' at Queen Mary University.

The modules I am currently studying for my first year at Westminster University: Introductory Financial Accounting 4ACCN002W
Fundamentals of Management Accounting 4ACCN003W
Quantitative Methods for Accountants 4ACCN005W
Computerised Methods in Accounting 4ACCN004W
Global Business for Accounting and Finance 4BUSS011W

My A-Level Grades:
Maths: C
Psychology: C
Economics: B

Would I be considered to transfer to Queen Mary University for any of these courses in the second year.
Original post by Anonymous
I am a first year student at University of Westminster studying Bsc Accounting

I am looking to study 'Bsc Accounting and Management' or 'Bsc Accounting and Finance' at Queen Mary University.

The modules I am currently studying for my first year at Westminster University: Introductory Financial Accounting 4ACCN002W
Fundamentals of Management Accounting 4ACCN003W
Quantitative Methods for Accountants 4ACCN005W
Computerised Methods in Accounting 4ACCN004W
Global Business for Accounting and Finance 4BUSS011W

My A-Level Grades:
Maths: C
Psychology: C
Economics: B

Would I be considered to transfer to Queen Mary University for any of these courses in the second year.

No. You'd still need to satisfy the A-level requirements, which are AAA for both the courses that you mentioned, which you regrettably don't meet :frown:
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Scotland Yard
No. You'd still need to satisfy the A-level requirements, which are AAA for both the courses that you mentioned, which you regrettably don't meet :frown:

Even if I don't meet the requirements would the admissions team even look at my personal statement at least?

Even though I don't meet the requirements what are the chances of me being accepted given that my personal statement is extremely good and I give valid reasons as to why my a-level grades were low? (I had severe family issues)

(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by Anonymous

Even if I don't meet the requirements would the admissions team even look at my personal statement at least?

Even though I don't meet the requirements what are the chances of me being accepted given that my personal statement is extremely good and I give valid reasons as to why my a-level grades were low? (I had severe family issues)

1. No.
2. While I sympathise with you, also not going to work. It is your responsibility to report extenuating circumstances to your exam boards in due time, and I presume you didn't do that. It is not the university's job to consider extenuating circumstances from your A-levels, and so they regrettably won't :frown:

So either you have to aim to switch to another university that will accept you with your current A levels, or you will have to resit them.
(edited 2 months ago)
Management won’t consider any 2nd year transfers and Finance will only consider them if you meet the AL requirements.

https://www.qmul.ac.uk/undergraduate/apply/how-to-apply/transfers/
Reply 5
Original post by Admit-One
Management won’t consider any 2nd year transfers and Finance will only consider them if you meet the AL requirements.

https://www.qmul.ac.uk/undergraduate/apply/how-to-apply/transfers/

but would they read my personal statement or dismiss me as soon as they see I don't meet the requirements.
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 6
Original post by King Ivar
but would they read my personal statement or dismiss me as soon as they see I don't meet the requirements.

They won't unfortunately. Most likely won't because you don't meet their standard entry requirement. If you meet their contextual offer and gave a satisfactory reason as to why your grades were low. Maybe there is a slight chance. But if you don't even meet the contextual offer, then I think it will be high unlikely you'll get an offer
Original post by King Ivar

They won't read the PS if you're an automatic rejection for not meeting the academic requirements. That's the first thing they'll check.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending