The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Biology Essay

What's the best way to revise for this essay please?I've bought the AQA Biology Synoptic Essays: For the New Exam Starting 2016 book but I'm not sure how to go about using it ? Would it be best just to memorise paragraphs from the essays ?
Reply 1
Honestly just make sure you know all the spec content and the structure required for the essays (5 related topics etc.), since the point of the essay is pretty much to test the breadth of your knowledge of the content. If you have spare time, you could look in the news or online for examples that relate to the specification content but are not taught, as including this is how you get over 20 marks. But honestly if you're getting scores close to 20 and you're comfortable with the application questions of the exam then this isn't necessarily - personally I never bothered. I'd say it would probably be very hard to memorise paragraphs, and there's no guarantee that they would relate to the question you get asked in the exam, so perhaps use the book to see the structure and level of detail needed instead. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending