The Student Room Group

Teachers making us do art during exams.

Exams start on monday and our art teachers say that unless we are in an exam we are expected to go to art lesson like normal. For example if I only have one exam that finishes at 11 then I would have to wait until last period where I could be at home studying, also if a teacher is doing revision sessions but an art lesson clashes then I might have to go the the art lesson over that. It takes up our study leave and even though I've finished all my art course work I and everyone else still have to do this as if miniscule shifts in our art grade matter more than our actual GCSEs. Is this normal in other schools and if it is am I the only one who doesn't like this?
Original post by Anon7548
Exams start on monday and our art teachers say that unless we are in an exam we are expected to go to art lesson like normal. For example if I only have one exam that finishes at 11 then I would have to wait until last period where I could be at home studying, also if a teacher is doing revision sessions but an art lesson clashes then I might have to go the the art lesson over that. It takes up our study leave and even though I've finished all my art course work I and everyone else still have to do this as if miniscule shifts in our art grade matter more than our actual GCSEs. Is this normal in other schools and if it is am I the only one who doesn't like this?

I know my school didn't do that and it does seem perfectly reasonable to not like it. I am not sure what you can do about it though
Original post by Anon7548

That doesn't sound quite right - sometimes I often find teachers care more about their subject that they teach rather than the immense amount of subjects you actually have to focus in on top of that.
Maybe try talking to your parents to see if they can send some sort of email about this issue?

Quick Reply

Latest