The Student Room Group

University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) A100 2024 Entry

Welcome to the University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) A100 2024 Entry Discussion.

For general information click:
https://www.uclan.ac.uk/undergraduat.../medicine-mbbs

For entry requirements click above and scroll down to "Entry Requirements"

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, mention or advertise group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi
How many home student places do uclan have? Ie: not international
15 only for those local to the area
Original post by Mn111
Hi
How many home student places do uclan have? Ie: not international
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 3
anybody looking for 2024 Medicine entry at Uclan?
How has ucat been?
Reply 4
Original post by sp146
How has ucat been?

Hi! I’m looking to apply - worried about my UCAt score though. What did you get and are you from the NW?
Reply 5
Original post by Jk97_
Hi! I’m looking to apply - worried about my UCAt score though. What did you get and are you from the NW?

Embarrassing 2220 B2, but 3 A levels at A*.

Not sure if it's worth the gamble being in 1st decile
Reply 6
Original post by sp146
Embarrassing 2220 B2, but 3 A levels at A*.

Not sure if it's worth the gamble being in 1st decile

We’re in the same boat! I’m not applying w my a levels using my Mpharm degree 2:1
Reply 7
Original post by Jk97_
We’re in the same boat! I’m not applying w my a levels using my Mpharm degree 2:1

You think it's worth a gamble or reapply next year?
Honestly speaking,I Didn't have a solid UCAT revision with plan.

Just on and off.
Reply 8
Original post by sp146
You think it's worth a gamble or reapply next year?
Honestly speaking,I Didn't have a solid UCAT revision with plan.

Just on and off.

The way I’m looking at it is we’ve already sat the Ucat what’s the harm in applying ? But defo trying not to have high hopes for it bc I feel like they’re going to want a much higher score :frown: but you never know! Do you live in the north west
Reply 9
Original post by Jk97_
The way I’m looking at it is we’ve already sat the Ucat what’s the harm in applying ? But defo trying not to have high hopes for it bc I feel like they’re going to want a much higher score :frown: but you never know! Do you live in the north west

Yep, Blackburn.

They already have enough competition hence introduced UCAT
Reply 10
Original post by Jk97_

It's total BS lol.
How can a time pressured gambling test, measuring the ingredients of cakes decide whether you'll get an offer lol, just too funny.

It's a test for studying medicine,not cooking
Reply 11
Hey guys, How long the personal statement has to be, In the website it says 4000 characters, but mine is coming upto 5000, Can we send ours if its longer than the limit. Would really appreciate any advice I can get from this please.
Reply 12
Original post by sp146
How has ucat been?

Hello I’m an international looking to apply for 2024 my ucat is 2840 B2
Hi everyone!

I'm one of the current MBBS students at UCLan! If you have any questions about life at UCLan, I'm more than happy to try and answer them for you!

Best wishes,
Rebecca
Original post by louisaf
Hello I’m an international looking to apply for 2024 my ucat is 2840 B2

Hi there @louisaf, :smile:

Great to hear that you are looking to apply for our MBBS Medicine & Surgery course!

Do let me know if you have any questions and I'd be happy to help. :smile:

All the best,
Sarah
Reply 15
hello! I am an international student applying to UCLan for 2024 entry medicine. i will be applying from the private portal and there is a limit of 20,000 characters for the personal statement. Is it necessary for me to write the complete 20,000 characters or is less than that is okay and if it is then what is the minimum character count required for it? one more query, when is the international medicine deadline? thank you so much!!
Original post by rb00625
hello! I am an international student applying to UCLan for 2024 entry medicine. i will be applying from the private portal and there is a limit of 20,000 characters for the personal statement. Is it necessary for me to write the complete 20,000 characters or is less than that is okay and if it is then what is the minimum character count required for it? one more query, when is the international medicine deadline? thank you so much!!

Hi there @rb00625, :smile:

How are you?

Great to see that you are interested in applying for our MBBS Medicine & Surgery course. I've responded to your question over on our 'Official UCLan 2024 Applicant thread' which you can find here.

Let me know if you have any questions and I'd be happy to help. :smile:

All the best,
Sarah
Reply 17
Hi all,
Is UCLan taking UCAT into consideration for the first time this year or was it always the case? ( for home students).
Original post by Maqamber
Hi all,
Is UCLan taking UCAT into consideration for the first time this year or was it always the case? ( for home students).

Hi there,

The UCAT will be used as part of your application for the years commencing 24/25! You can view all of our entry requirements for students here. If you have any questions about UCLan, I'm more than happy to answer any questions!

- Rebecca, UCLan MBBS Student
Reply 19
Original post by UCLan Student
Hi there,

The UCAT will be used as part of your application for the years commencing 24/25! You can view all of our entry requirements for students here. If you have any questions about UCLan, I'm more than happy to answer any questions!

- Rebecca, UCLan MBBS Student

Hi Rebecca,
Thank you very much.
I was also wondering if UCLan sends a email confirming that they have received our application or they don’t get back to us until the interview stage?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending