The Student Room Group

STRESS

how do you cope with stress especially in the days before the first exam
Original post by kelsey_xxx

It's not mandatory. Just realise that there are dozens of other equally valid routes other than getting a string of A*s. So if that doesn't happen, no worries.

Stress is internally created, it doesn't have to happen, so just improve your solution-finding.
Reply 2

hey I have my a levels next week and something that really helped me was realising that stress is counter productive and to really try to focus on staying calm because that's one of the best things you can do to benefit yourself in an exam - but equally don't stress about stressing if you see what I mean, its completely understandable - and also keep in mind that GCSEs are by no means the be all and end all, im sure you'll be fine :smile:
Reply 3
For each subject, go through the syllabus and highlight the topics that if you were sitting the exam tomorrow would make you lose sleep.

Then, write a revision plan so you go over these topics soon. If you don't understand something then ask a teacher or see if there is an explanation online.

If you struggle to remember things, aim to read the information three times, over a couple of days, and then try to answer questions or just write what you remember.

You do not have to remember everything. It is ok to get some things wrong in an exam.

Keep things in perspective. There are always chances to either resit exams or alternatively look for a path where practical skills can be developed.

1) Check over your weakest topics - make sure that if anything pops up in the exam, you won't get shocked by it
2) Do some last past papers (PMT + MME revise + MathsGenie have great ones)
3) This is important - you can use the spec as a sort of checklist to see which bits you went wrong in, this links back to point 1 to go over the weak points
4) Don't neglect yourself - take breaks in between + take care of yourself (do a hobby/sport/reading/videogames)
5) Don't lose motivation! You are in complete control of your studies and revision, so if you believe you can do this, you really can!
I hope that helps and good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest