The Student Room Group

acca cima help

Hi, I completed the necessary exemptions at acca. To fully qualify I just need to complete the remaining exams and 3 years work experience. I am just wondering if I change to CIMA and gain the work experience can I still use that work experience for both exam boards? Ie 2 years whilst studying acca count as 2 years experience for CIMA also?
Reply 1
The work experience requirements are basically the same. You can only use a certain amount of work experience prior to joining the institute as a trainee (it used to be one year for ACCA) so depending on your circumstances that might be something to look out for.
Reply 2
Hey, thanks for getting back to me. So for the first year it wouldn't matter but after that it would be better to decide on the appropriate qualification for experience sake?
Reply 3
Original post by aorkekwk
Hey, thanks for getting back to me. So for the first year it wouldn't matter but after that it would be better to decide on the appropriate qualification for experience sake?

I would check the practical experience requirements for each institute to be sure. I cost an annoying amount to pay for student membership if you don't continue with the institute but it might be an option for you to consider.

Do you have a job at present or a grad scheme to join?
Any requirement (such as visa requirements) to qualify (meaning exams passed and time qualified) as soon as possible?

I would go for the best experience you can get unless you have a strong reason (few people do) to join one institute over another.
Reply 4
Original post by ajj2000
I would check the practical experience requirements for each institute to be sure. I cost an annoying amount to pay for student membership if you don't continue with the institute but it might be an option for you to consider.

Do you have a job at present or a grad scheme to join?
Any requirement (such as visa requirements) to qualify (meaning exams passed and time qualified) as soon as possible?

I would go for the best experience you can get unless you have a strong reason (few people do) to join one institute over another.

Nice one. And I’m a grad and I pursued aca however the grad roles that I’ve previously applied to have been for ‘cima’. So I don’t know if I should change revoke the applications or if I am successful with them to go ahead and choose one of them. The issue is like I say I already have aca exemptions more so than cima but low experience so I’m guessing it would be for experience sake like I say if I can carry forward that experience that is. 🤷🏽*♂️
Reply 5
Original post by aorkekwk
Nice one. And I’m a grad and I pursued aca however the grad roles that I’ve previously applied to have been for ‘cima’. So I don’t know if I should change revoke the applications or if I am successful with them to go ahead and choose one of them. The issue is like I say I already have aca exemptions more so than cima but low experience so I’m guessing it would be for experience sake like I say if I can carry forward that experience that is. 🤷🏽*♂️

I'd go ahead with the applications. My guess is that there is a fair chance that an employer would let you opt for ACCA - its not rare for A+F grads with 9 exemptions to wish to do so, likewise some immigrant communities seem very ACCA centric. No guarantees but I'd still go for the best career path.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending