The Student Room Group

Medicine at Oxbridge

I've had a lot of people tell me that Oxbridge has a very 'traditional' way of teaching medicine- is that in any way better or worse than medicine courses at Unis which are more 'hands on' and less lecture based? If there's anyone who's currently doing medicine at Oxbridge and enjoys it/doesn't enjoy it, it would be amazing if you could let me know :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by liahgolding
I've had a lot of people tell me that Oxbridge has a very 'traditional' way of teaching medicine- is that in any way better or worse than medicine courses at Unis which are more 'hands on' and less lecture based? If there's anyone who's currently doing medicine at Oxbridge and enjoys it/doesn't enjoy it, it would be amazing if you could let me know :smile:

It is better or worse if you prefer a traditional style of teaching - or not. Many courses have clinical placements from the first term, at Oxbridge you will not see patients and will be doing lectures, essays, labs etc until the 3rd year. Which you prefer is like asking if someone prefers chocolate or lemon cake - both lovely, but some appeal more to one person than another

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending