The Student Room Group

Wrong maintenance?

I applied for my second year student finance last month.

The first time I applied, I entered all the details of my parents national insurance etc. so that SfE can look into their pay to decide what I would get.

The application for this year was definitely way smaller in the sense I didn't need to do all that again since they must be using it from last year.

However, my maintenance loan is different to what I normally get (higher), is there a possibility they could have made a mistake?
Original post by TrisAnneMoya
I applied for my second year student finance last month.

The first time I applied, I entered all the details of my parents national insurance etc. so that SfE can look into their pay to decide what I would get.

The application for this year was definitely way smaller in the sense I didn't need to do all that again since they must be using it from last year.

However, my maintenance loan is different to what I normally get (higher), is there a possibility they could have made a mistake?

Hi there, each year you are applying for funding you have the option to select the minimum and higher amount of Maintenance Loan. If you request the minimum your parents details won't be requested to be completed. If you request the higher amount then your parents information will be required. If you didn't have to input your parents emails to support your application this could be that you've indicated the minimum amount.

What academic year are you applying for? Thanks, Karen
Reply 2
2nd year

My parent's still had to fill out supporting stuff for my application but they didnt need to put their national insurance number etc. again
Original post by SFE Karen
Hi there, each year you are applying for funding you have the option to select the minimum and higher amount of Maintenance Loan. If you request the minimum your parents details won't be requested to be completed. If you request the higher amount then your parents information will be required. If you didn't have to input your parents emails to support your application this could be that you've indicated the minimum amount.

What academic year are you applying for? Thanks, Karen
Original post by TrisAnneMoya
2nd year

My parent's still had to fill out supporting stuff for my application but they didnt need to put their national insurance number etc. again

We wouldn't require their National Insurance Number (NINO) again as this would be linked to their online accounts. They would simply need to provide their financial income figures in support of your application. Have they provided this information either via their online account or via the PFF2 form? Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending