The Student Room Group

Do Foundation Years tend to reject people?

I guess I'm asking how likely it is or how flexible they are with entry requirements as they're different from standard-entry courses
Original post by Muichiro Tokito
I guess I'm asking how likely it is or how flexible they are with entry requirements as they're different from standard-entry courses

It would depend on how many offer-holders that have that meet the grade requirements, compared with how many places are available. If they have enough offer-holders who have met the grade requirements that they can fill the course, then there will be zero flexibility - as they simply can't accommodate more students. However, if that's not the case and they still have spaces available, then they may confirm the place of "near miss" candidates (i.e. those who've just missed the requirements). They may also open-up the course via Clearing, in order to get more candidates that way. Nobody knows how many offer-holders will meet the grade requirement until results day.

The above applies regardless of whether it's foundation year entry or regular entry course; it's just that the foundation-year entry grade requirements will be lower. You still have to hit those grades to be sure of your place.
Reply 2
Foundation years so accept students with lower grades but in order to then transfer to the degree programme the student will need to be averaging 60+ in their foundation year exams to get an offer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending