The Student Room Group

I'm so done with everything.... rejections on rejections im sick and tired....

My mental health is so down the drain....
Just got rejected from King's. They just messaged me.
I'm so done I cba. it feels like my gap year has been a waste....

I retook 2 of my A-levels so I initally got BCC the CC in maths and econ and my current predicted are A*AB.

I need A*AA for my course which is accounting and finance.
those requirements were all from Warwick, KCL,

I had so many extenuating circumstances such as being a young carer during March of exam season (full time), and having a major surgery.

I provided them extra info like proof but they came back say was my academic qualifications were not apt and even with extra consideration they wouldn't give me a place.

the fact that I had an extremely strong personal statement sucks a hell of a lot.

I only have 1 offer and that from bath.
Freaking QMUL rejected me only on the basis of my grades they even gave my cousin who had the *****est of *****est personal statement whie she was off my 2 grades an offer....
everywhere I've applied I've only got rejections from.

I even got a rejection from deutsche bank for my degree apprentiship which I may add I did not even get told I failed.. just said application closed wtf does that mean....

I don't even want to revise for my alevels anymore...
I acc cba.
what do i even do.....

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous

I retook 2 of my A-levels so I initally got BCC the CC in maths and econ and my current predicted are A*AB.

I had so many extenuating circumstances such as being a young carer during March of exam season (full time), and having a major surgery.

I provided them extra info like proof but they came back say was my academic qualifications were not apt and even with extra consideration they wouldn't give me a place.

the fact that I had an extremely strong personal statement sucks a hell of a lot.

Freaking QMUL rejected me only on the basis of my grades they even gave my cousin who had the *****est of *****est personal statement whie she was off my 2 grades an offer....

I even got a rejection from deutsche bank for my degree apprentiship which I may add I did not even get told I failed.. just said application closed wtf does that mean....

I acc cba.
what do i even do.....

Calm down. Bath is a bloody good uni. If u met their offer, I don't see what's wrong with going there.
Original post by Dnsnnssn
Calm down. Bath is a bloody good uni. If u met their offer, I don't see what's wrong with going there.

But I only have 1/5 offers... it feels frustrating I'm getting rejected cus I am retaking my exams... if I did my exams in one go and got these grades i wouldn't be in this position....
But I only have 1/5 offers... it feels frustrating I'm getting rejected cus I am retaking my exams... if I did my exams in one go and got these grades i wouldn't be in this position....

U only need one offer. Concentrate on getting the best grade possible.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 4
girl dont worry ive applied for optometry and theyre asking for AAB and i dont know if ill get it doing maths chem and bio. just have faith in yourself and work hard for the final month and leave the rest to God. you got this i believe in u!!
Original post by vqanummm
girl dont worry ive applied for optometry and theyre asking for AAB and i dont know if ill get it doing maths chem and bio. just have faith in yourself and work hard for the final month and leave the rest to God. you got this i believe in u!!

Good luck!!!
I loved chem... I shouldve got it remakred and ik i wouldve got an A cus i was only 4 marks off the acc grade boundary for an A.
U only need one offer. Concentrate on getting the best grade possible.

I know I just feel so **** atm cus I feel like i have no leave way with just one subject... also I really wanted to go kings....

and hearing every uni tell you its because you resat becuase you were a young carer ******* sucks

I acc cba.
what do i even do.....

Bite the bullet
Good luck!!!
I loved chem... I shouldve got it remakred and ik i wouldve got an A cus i was only 4 marks off the acc grade boundary for an A.

I know I just feel so **** atm cus I feel like i have no leave way with just one subject... also I really wanted to go kings....

and hearing every uni tell you its because you resat becuase you were a young carer ******* sucks

It does suck, I understand. But sometimes you have to make the best of what life gives you. Try to make the offer for Bath. And even if u don't make the offer, there is still leeway, as I'm sure there will be good universities for your subject in clearing. Good luck.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 8
Good luck!!!

you could try clearing or a foundation year. theres always a chance one of the two options are open
Original post by ytared123
Bite the bullet

Tell me something I don't know....
It does suck, I understand. But sometimes you have to make the best of what life gives you. Try to make the offer for Bath. And even if u don't make the offer, there is still leeway, as I'm sure there will be good universities for your subject in clearing. Good luck.

yeah, I just hope you get where I'm coming from since I took a gap year specifically for just applying for uni and its all just gone down to shambles..
Original post by vqanummm
you could try clearing or a foundation year. theres always a chance one of the two options are open

It's making me reconsider another gap year...
but that will be hell on earth for my mental health cus on way in hell am i living with my parents still.....

I acc cba.
what do i even do.....

how many degree apprenticeship have you applied for? I think I sent about 50 applications and got 5 interview offers.

you need to apply to a lot
Original post by H3nry_T
how many degree apprenticeship have you applied for? I think I sent about 50 applications and got 5 interview offers.

you need to apply to a lot

around 7-8,

I got about 3 interviews...

most of them I got rejected because I applied too late so the spaces got filled...
Good luck!!!

Bath is far better than KIngs - it's placement scheme is amazing. Focus on your resits - you can do this!
Original post by Muttley79
Bath is far better than KIngs - it's placement scheme is amazing. Focus on your resits - you can do this!

I just wanted to stay in london closer to home... its also how gutted and annoyed my dad is... his reaction to all of this sucks the most....
I just wanted to stay in london closer to home... its also how gutted and annoyed my dad is... his reaction to all of this sucks the most....

Don't stay at home if that is how they are treating you ...
I understand being disappointed in only 1 out of 5 offers, but Bath is a really good uni and if you don't meet your offer there will probably be something in clearing, even if it's a slightly different course title. Lots of people with all A star predictions aren't getting offers, so I don't think it is anything to take personally. Also you can always find a way, like foundation, or go later as a mature student.
Don't stay at home if that is how they are treating you ...

They're treating me well... I just hated this gap year because I had to work from home and I'm not allowed to move out so it was just frustrating... I just hate disappointing them...
They're treating me well... I just hated this gap year because I had to work from home and I'm not allowed to move out so it was just frustrating... I just hate disappointing them...

They can't stop you moving out if you are 18 ...
They can't stop you moving out if you are 18 ...

Oh I know... I'm just broke as Frick... unemployed and housing in london in this cost of living crisis is basically selling a kidney....

Your dad is probably just frustrated for you but is not communicating that in a very helpful way.Bath is a great uni and you have done well to retake your A levels it is not easy.You have applied for high status unis and there are only so many places.In reality all lots of unis care about are grades,many barely look at personal statements,awful but true.Only a few more weeks to go and A levels will be over so don't give up now.Short term pain long time gain.There may be places in clearing that might appeal but presumably you put Bath down for a reason.Do not take your rejections personally,lots of 3A star students are in same boat.It sounds like last year was horrible for you so gap year was the right decision and anyway it is done now so just push on and do your best.
Hopefully you can then relax over the summer.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending