The Student Room Group

A-level Revision plan for christmas holidays!

with exams and mocks coming up soon, I was just wondering if anyone had any tips of what to do over the holidays and how much others plan on doing!
good luck x
Original post by reneee603
with exams and mocks coming up soon, I was just wondering if anyone had any tips of what to do over the holidays and how much others plan on doing!
good luck x

I've just finished my mocks, but I am still planning to do some revision because I know I didn't do as well as I know I could have
im wondering the same.....i've got mocks 6 weeks away and want to see a massive improvement but im not sure where to start lol
i take Econ (AQA), Maths (Edexcel) and History (Edexcel) A levels so if anyone has any advice lmk?
Original post by Adrija Zaman
im wondering the same.....i've got mocks 6 weeks away and want to see a massive improvement but im not sure where to start lol
i take Econ (AQA), Maths (Edexcel) and History (Edexcel) A levels so if anyone has any advice lmk?

I would go over tests you have done (if you have access to them) to see where you have been losing marks and then focus on those areas. If it is about exam technique I would do as many past questions as you can to practise.
Reply 4

lol i do history edexcel and econ (edexcel) too 😭😭 what are your topics for history?!
Original post by reneee603
good luck x

Hi @reneee603

I would suggest doing revision little and often over the holidays. You probably don't want to be spending all day glued to a textbook, so maybe try setting aside 1-2 hours, or even shorter bursts, of focused revision. Then you can do some each day, without spending all day working. Also, remember to take some full days off! I know the feeling of having exams constantly in the back of your mind, but it's also good and very much needed to take some days off doing no work at all. I find this helps me procrastinate less as I know I'm having some fun as well as studying.

Best of luck!

Emily 🙂
Student Rep at BCU
Original post by ellohell6
lol i do history edexcel and econ (edexcel) too 😭😭 what are your topics for history?!

so im doing communist china and russia, and protest and agitation and parliamentary reform in britain. also just submitted coursework on the Holocaust lol stressful few weeks. wbu?
Reply 7
Original post by flowersinmyhair
I've just finished my mocks, but I am still planning to do some revision because I know I didn't do as well as I know I could have

yess make sure you take a break too! im sure they went better than you think! good luck
Reply 8

sadly I don't do any of those subjects but generally consistency is key, doing revision in smaller chunks is more productive than hours of work where you risk burnout, good luck!
Reply 9
Original post by BCU Student Rep
Hi @reneee603

I would suggest doing revision little and often over the holidays. You probably don't want to be spending all day glued to a textbook, so maybe try setting aside 1-2 hours, or even shorter bursts, of focused revision. Then you can do some each day, without spending all day working. Also, remember to take some full days off! I know the feeling of having exams constantly in the back of your mind, but it's also good and very much needed to take some days off doing no work at all. I find this helps me procrastinate less as I know I'm having some fun as well as studying.

Best of luck!

Emily 🙂
Student Rep at BCU

Thank you so much! that's helpful to hear thanks! 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest