The Student Room Group

should i communicate with him or distance myself

so there's this guy at my church, i wouldn't really consider him as my friend but we do message each other and communicate whenever I meet him at church.
up until recently, I've been distancing myself from him a lot. he would comment about me not communicating with him and if I wanted to go and talk to someone he would be like 'Oh I see how it is'.
whenever I don't talk to him.

i don't know what to do.
Reply 1
Why are you suddenly not communicating with him? Have you told him the reason; bit rude if you haven't?
Reply 2
Original post by Surnia
Why are you suddenly not communicating with him? Have you told him the reason; bit rude if you haven't?

I do communicate with him. Sometimes I’d ask him how his day was, or week and just move on.
I haven’t told him the reason
Reply 3
Is there a reason why that you aren’t talking to him like you used to? If there is are you just not telling him because you are scared or confused or is it another reason - you can dm me if you don’t want to talk about this on a main chat
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
I do communicate with him. Sometimes I’d ask him how his day was, or week and just move on.
I haven’t told him the reason

so there's this guy at my church,
up until recently, I've been distancing myself from him a lot. he would comment about me not communicating with him.

So your first post you're distancing yourself, the second you're communicating.

Which is it, and if the first, why?
Reply 5
Original post by Surnia

I don’t know why. I don’t feel comfortable around him and I do have any reasons. If was to talk to him and give small answers he would start to say I see how it is.
Reply 6
Original post by Surnia

I honestly don’t have a reason. I do feel as though I don’t feel comfortable around him. Before I started to distance myself he would say oh I see how it is, if I respond blandly.

maybe I’m just being childish.
Reply 7
Original post by Surnia

This makes no sense that is not what they said at all
Reply 8
so there's this guy at my church, I wouldn't consider him my friend but we do message each other and communicate whenever I meet him at church.
up until recently, I've been distancing myself from him a lot. he would comment about me not communicating with him and if I wanted to go and talk to someone he would be like 'Oh I see how it is'.
whenever I don't talk to him.

I don't know what to do.

I Suppose he is jealous maybe because he probably has feelings for you. I think you should just talk to him about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending