The Student Room Group

how to stop talking

There's this guy I've been talking too for the past 2-3 months, purely platonic from both sides. I don't know why i continue to talk to him since we have nothing in common but we just do. I've tried not initiating convos but he texts everyday and not just once a day. He's honestly not the most interesting person and our convos are not too deep so often we have nothing to talk about, and i get tired since he'll just "hmm, k and so". sometimes tho when i try to end the convo he'll be like "nooo" but still have nothing to say. I think mostly because i don't get too personal and neither does he since in the end we're strangers, and also with the fact that he's a guy and i'm a girl and i just feel like i cant talk as freely as i would a girl.
I also noticed that he lied to me once and it just really annoyed me but i didnt tell him i caught it. Sometimes I get really angry at him and i just want to shout at him, like he's wasting my time and dragging it on, but of course i don't. Recently i get the feeling he doesn't care about these convos although he texts me everyday multiple times. What should I do? I'm a really weak willed person and don't like hurting people but i just want to know should I distance myself? and if so how? Is this friendship worth it?
Hey,

I would block him on everything. He's not worth your time and he's being needy and a bit creepy. Your pointless conversations will go on and on unless his means of contacting you is removed.

Good luck, hope he leaves you alone :smile:
just block him on everything as the other commenter said. It could be that you like the idea of having someone who's always there/wanting to talk to you more than you actually like this guy. I get the same way sometimes and usually the only thing to be done is to cut that person off and find someone else to talk to
Block him , because there is no good intentions and also no goal of this situationship
Reply 4
Just wanted to let you all know, I blocked him like 3 days ago. Best decision ever! I feel so relaxed now. I honestly knew i should have blocked him from the start and was like thinking the whole time i knew him ''I should block him'', block him'', etc. But i finally had the will power recently so yeah. So thanks for your advice. Honestly i think the only reason i spoke with him for so long was because i suddenly have so much free time with me just waiting to start university and i was just looking for something to fill my time.
Reply 5
How about trying to communicate what you feel? If you are open with any possibilities and have the courage to do so. Then talk about it. I hope the discussion would go well.
Reply 6
Original post by drmahita
How about trying to communicate what you feel? If you are open with any possibilities and have the courage to do so. Then talk about it. I hope the discussion would go well.

Actually before I blocked him, I did confront him and he was like ''oh It was just a mistake and the he lied to me again, and then he put me down and was like that he wasn't in the mood to talk about it and was like if you're so bothered block me'' so I blocked him and haven't looked back.
Original post by Anonymous
Just wanted to let you all know, I blocked him like 3 days ago. Best decision ever! I feel so relaxed now. I honestly knew i should have blocked him from the start and was like thinking the whole time i knew him ''I should block him'', block him'', etc. But i finally had the will power recently so yeah. So thanks for your advice. Honestly i think the only reason i spoke with him for so long was because i suddenly have so much free time with me just waiting to start university and i was just looking for something to fill my time.

as you should!!! keep him blocked! always, always put your self-respect first, you don't owe him anything

Honestly good on you for asking for advice, and then going through with it when you felt it might be the way to go
Actually before I blocked him, I did confront him and he was like ''oh It was just a mistake and the he lied to me again, and then he put me down and was like that he wasn't in the mood to talk about it and was like if you're so bothered block me'' so I blocked him and haven't looked back.

It's great to see you in a much more positive mood! I wish you all the best. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending