The Student Room Group

If I fail my dissertation, can I still pass the year?

I’m stressing, left it last minute & don’t know what I’m doing no help from supervisor at all, will I fail the year if I fail the diss?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I’m stressing, left it last minute & don’t know what I’m doing no help from supervisor at all, will I fail the year if I fail the diss?

Try not to fail I got 41 in my dissertation which brought my grade down to 2:1
Reply 2
you have to pass all modules to graduate. I guess your dissertation is worth 40 credits so it's important you pass.
Reply 3
depends on your uni policy and other grades. at our uni if you failed your Diss you didn't get an Hons degree but if your average grade was good you could still pass. Read the policy.
Can you defer your Diss? I never met my supervisor and I got a first. I can't remember but I think he died. anyway. how long do you have? just gather a bunch of references and cram.
Reply 4
Depends on your uni regs but as dissertations are usually 40 or 60 credits and you typically need 100 credits minimum at L6 to graduate, you probably wouldn't pass the year if you failed it. You would get a chance to resubmit in August though.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 5
It will depend on the regulations which apply.

In at least some universities, passing 300 credits entitles you to an unclassified degree (i.e. a "pass" degree, a degree without honours).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending