The Student Room Group

105year old & my boyfriend ?

Okay update.

My mum does night shift live in career for 105 year old for last 9 years for half of the week.

She’s now coming to the end of life.

I’ve been staying at my bf house for last 2 years the weekend she isn’t here as she’s very cultural and wouldn’t want sex before marriage and if she knows I’m staying over she will obviously think that.

I’m 23 and very responsible and mature and she knows this.

Anyways what am I going to do? My bf doesn’t know my mum is abit strict.

I stay every week at his and we just finished decorating his house as he said it’s for me and him to feel comfy in his house.

She doesn’t know I’m in a relationship either she asks me and I say no because I have introduced her to a bf in the past which didn’t last more than a year.

What do I do? I can’t tell her I’m staying at a girl friends house every week on end

I’m thinking of looking for night jobs for her. I mean she does a live in so she has her own room, the job isn’t hard but then it’ll look like I’m tryna kick my mum out

Pls I need real advice.

My bf is 35 so he is mature and obviously expects me to stay over his. He works 9-5 Monday to Friday so he spends his weekend with me. This is the best relationship I’ve had so I don’t want to risk the relationship
You're 23 - what you do with your life isn't up to your mother.
Reply 2
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
You're 23 - what you do with your life isn't up to your mother.

I know but when you live under your parents roof you need to respect their rules and bounderies.

also pls understand she is cultural and west African. So in our culture no sex before marraige etc. I mean I believe my mum knows I have done it already but I just always say no lool awkward.
Original post by Anonymous
I know but when you live under your parents roof you need to respect their rules and bounderies.

also pls understand she is cultural and west African. So in our culture no sex before marraige etc. I mean I believe my mum knows I have done it already but I just always say no lool awkward.

Living under their rules are house rules. I totally agree you need to abide by house rules, but they are within the house itself. However in all honesty you need to be able to live your life the way you want to outside of the house.

I get what you mean about it being cultural and so on, but ultimately you're a fully grown adult.

If it's causing this much difficulty, you might want to consider moving out?
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 4
Love the clickbait title
Reply 5
Original post by black tea
Love the clickbait title

Do you have any advice x
Reply 6
Living under their rules are house rules. I totally agree you need to abide by house rules, but they are within the house itself. However in all honesty you need to be able to live your life the way you want to outside of the house.

I get what you mean about it being cultural and so on, but ultimately you're a fully grown adult.

If it's causing this much difficulty, you might want to consider moving out?

I think it’s abit much to move out for this reason alone.
and I wouldn’t leave my mum as she lost my dad couple years ago
Okay update.

My mum does night shift live in career for 105 year old for last 9 years for half of the week.

She’s now coming to the end of life.

I’ve been staying at my bf house for last 2 years the weekend she isn’t here as she’s very cultural and wouldn’t want sex before marriage and if she knows I’m staying over she will obviously think that.

I’m 23 and very responsible and mature and she knows this.

Anyways what am I going to do? My bf doesn’t know my mum is abit strict.

I stay every week at his and we just finished decorating his house as he said it’s for me and him to feel comfy in his house.

She doesn’t know I’m in a relationship either she asks me and I say no because I have introduced her to a bf in the past which didn’t last more than a year.

What do I do? I can’t tell her I’m staying at a girl friends house every week on end

I’m thinking of looking for night jobs for her. I mean she does a live in so she has her own room, the job isn’t hard but then it’ll look like I’m tryna kick my mum out

Pls I need real advice.

My bf is 35 so he is mature and obviously expects me to stay over his. He works 9-5 Monday to Friday so he spends his weekend with me. This is the best relationship I’ve had so I don’t want to risk the relationship

How is the part about your mother being a carer for a 105 year old relevant?
I think it’s abit much to move out for this reason alone.
and I wouldn’t leave my mum as she lost my dad couple years ago

So you're literally never going to move out? You're going to live with your mum forever?
Reply 9
So you're literally never going to move out? You're going to live with your mum forever?

I am 23 and still in uni. Why would I move out if I’m not financially stable?????????
23 is still young
Reply 10
Original post by spongee
Lol whenever I went out and a guy was coming too I'd always just tell my mum he's gay and has a bf so she doesn't get mad

This doesn’t relate to my question sorry
Reply 11
Original post by spongee
Honestly if your bf truly loves you, tell him about your mum and how she's very traditional and she won't approve. If he cares for you and loves you he wouldn't want to let you go and should understand. It's best not to upset your mum and since she's very cultural and traditional it's best to talk to your bf instead and that way your mum won't be mad and your relationship should hopefully be okay

I get it. But I obviously want to still stay over at his. It’s really good for my mental health as I get a break from my house
I am 23 and still in uni. Why would I move out if I’m not financially stable?????????
23 is still young

That's sort of debatable but well then okay if you don't want to move out, and you don't want to do something that goes against your mother's rules, then don't have sex any more until you're married.
You don't really have many options left here.
Reply 13
That's sort of debatable but well then okay if you don't want to move out, and you don't want to do something that goes against your mother's rules, then don't have sex any more until you're married.
You don't really have many options left here.

Thanks for your advice. This shouldn’t be the reason I move out…
I’m a responsible person so I wouldn’t move out unless I’m stable in majority of departments.
I’m neither moving in with a man unless we are marraige serious maybe that’s how you work but not me unfortunately.

Thanks though. Take care
I’m neither moving in with a man unless we are marraige serious maybe that’s how you work but not me unfortunately.

Nobody was suggesting you move in with a man.

I'm not entirely sure why you are bringing me into this, but if you must know I was married with two kids when I was your age :dontknow: Not really relevant here though.

Good luck.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 15
Do you have any advice x

I mean, your options are to tell your mum you have a boyfriend, to keep lying to her about where you are going when you stay with him, or to break up with him so you don't have to lie to her. Only you can decide which is the best option for you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending