The Student Room Group

Is it worth it to buy a £400 - £500 laptop with a monthly payment plan?

Is it worth it to buy a £400 - £500 laptop with a monthly payment plan of 22 months APR 19.9% ?
I am a student with no job or time to get a job and have to study for exams. My parents won’t lend me the money for a new one too. And it’s proving difficult to study without one.
I think it's not worth it if you are not tech student or use it way too much .I got mine foe like 250 which is an asus 64 gb storage and I got a 30 pound 64 gb memory card to expand memory .I mainly use it for all my uni work write assignments watch movies etc .And it works just fine .There is one drawback that it can be slow sometimes which the 300 or 400 £ laptops are really quick and have amazing display but for the price my laptop does the job and I am happy with it .
Reply 2
Original post by Hello_qwrt
Is it worth it to buy a £400 - £500 laptop with a monthly payment plan of 22 months APR 19.9% ?
I am a student with no job or time to get a job and have to study for exams. My parents won’t lend me the money for a new one too. And it’s proving difficult to study without one.

You might struggle to be approved to buy anything on a payment plan -- particularly for that length of time -- if you have no income.

Where will you find the money (which might be around £28 per month) to make the repayments?
Reply 3
Quite a basic reconditioned business class laptop would be suitable for the majority of work.

If you're able to pay cash for one of those it'd be better than taking out credit IMO
Hey,

Sorry to hear you are without a laptop. Is there anywhere you could borrow one from until you get something sorted? I know some Universities lend laptops out to students.

Rebecca :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending