The Student Room Group

They defaulted me in 2019, haven't paid it off, can they default me again?

I got a default from EE back in early 2019

For a strange reason they did not set up a monthly payment plan.

Which they said to pay off the £400 in one payment.

I haven't paid it and the default will run out.

Can they default me again?
Reply 1
Yes. Why didn't you sort it out before now, both running up a bill you couldn't pay and settling it?
Will they default you for defaulting? Yes.
Reply 3
Original post by Surnia
Yes. Why didn't you sort it out before now, both running up a bill you couldn't pay and settling it?

I did ask for a repayment plan, they said no.
Original post by Anonymous #1
I did ask for a repayment plan, they said no.

An account agreement defaulting generally ends any existing credit or long term repayment terms and they will demand the debt in full. In my exp you need to work with them and provide details of your finances to warrant being offered another repayment plan.

The collections places I used to work for wouldn't allow staff to offer repayment plans initially, we've been contracted to recover the debt in full and have to make a credible attempt to do so before we consider anything else.

However no, the same account will not default 'twice'
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous #1
I got a default from EE back in early 2019

For a strange reason they did not set up a monthly payment plan.

Which they said to pay off the £400 in one payment.

I haven't paid it and the default will run out.

Can they default me again?

EE have the legal right to attempt to contact you again so you are still liable.

What i would investigate is whether they currently hold the debt or whether they have sold it to a debt agency in which case you can inflate your costs and arrange to pay at £10 per month or better still, just pay off at a discount in a lump sum.

Several years ago i was fiscally profligate but basically ended up settling all my debts for a total of about half.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending