Visit website

Computer Science AI at Nottingham vs Loughborough

Confused which to choose as firm n back up
Any feedback which is best
Original post by Anonymous

Hi there,

I know that choosing a university can be tough, so I wanted to help!

I would firstly advise you to look at the course pages and see if any modules interest you more than others. This might help you make your decision. Alongside this, if you're interested, I would also look further into the information about placement years offered or what study abroad options a university has.

You may have already done this, but I would also try and visit both campuses if you can too. If you can't, you could take a look at some virtual tours. You may see yourself being happier at one university compared to the other, so it's a good idea to get a feel for them by taking a look at them.

Alongside this, I would think about location and the city/towns the universities are in. They are very different, so it's worth considering this!

It may also be an idea to look at the societies or sports teams each university offers too. The societies or sports offered at a university can help with making your time at university even better, so it's worth looking into.

Another point to mention is accommodation. I would look into the accommodation options for each university and see what the halls of residence are like.

Finally, I would also explore the career support each university provides. For instance, Loughborough has a Careers Network that you could read more about.

At the end of the day, you must choose somewhere where you can see yourself being happy.

However, I hope this helps :smile: if you have any further questions, please just ask.

- Lindsay
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous

Hi there,

I know my colleague has already responded to you but I thought I might be able to tell you a bit about student life outside of lectures here at Loughborough.

Before I came to Loughborough I was worried about it being a small town and there not being much to do. However since I've been here I've been pleasantly surprised - I can safely say I've never been bored since I've been here. There are plenty restaurants and pubs in town to go out to eat and drink. Most of my time in the week is spent on campus as there is lots on like going to watch the Loughborough first teams play, playing sport and just relaxing with friends as well as the nights out the union puts on in the week. At the weekend you do tend to go out in town more.

Loughborough is however a market town and can't offer what a city can but usually if we want more of a city atmosphere we just get the train to Leicester or Nottingham which both take less than 20 minutes and is very easy to do. The thing I appreciate about Loughborough being a smaller town is that there is a nice community feel and it really does feel like a student town. When you go out you always bump into someone you know which I've found really nice.

I think it depends on whether you'd prefer living in a city or a town. I would suggest (if you haven't already!) taking a look at both the unis either in person or virtually as i found it really made a difference visiting where I was going to be spending the next 3+ years and seeing where I could see myself living and studying and what ultimately made my decision to come to Loughborough.

I hope this was helpful and if you have any other questions just let me know :smile:

Jess

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending