The Student Room Group

Medicine/Law Required A-Levels

I'm considering Medicine and Law for degrees. I've chosen maths, chem, lit and art for as-level. Would these options be enough to get me on these courses? If you have any other advice, please hmu, Thanks :smile:
hi!! im currently applying for a law degree so i can help with that part im not sure about medicine but for law unis really like essay subjects but again its not 100% required they dont really have like a set requirement of a level subjects you need :smile: for medicine i think you usually need bio or chem and you have chem so i doubt it would be an issue (i apologise for not knowing much about the medicine route)
Reply 2
Have you actually bothered to look for the entry requirements for these subjects on a range of Uni websites ......?

Start with that.
Original post by heavy-darlin
I'm considering Medicine and Law for degrees. I've chosen maths, chem, lit and art for as-level. Would these options be enough to get me on these courses? If you have any other advice, please hmu, Thanks :smile:

Law has no required A-level subjects.

For medicine it's usually advised to do chemistry and biology to give yourself (almost) the widest range of medical schools to choose between applying to based on your GCSE profile and UCAT scores. If you don't take biology you'll have about half of the current medical schools to choose between with chemistry plus another science (maths in this case): https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5611422

I would recommend doing biology/chemistry/any third subject. This will give you both options. There is no preference by medical schools except Cambridge that the third subject be a STEM subject (such as maths), although if you are good at and enjoy maths by all means consider it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest