The Student Room Group

Appretiships requirement problem

Now i have a dilema, the apprentiship that i want needs 112 ucas points now i won't obtain that i will obtain 80, i have excusses they don't matter for the soul reason they are excussses, lets just say adhd and paper work for distinctions don't mix, however my practical work and portfolio is top tier, i know universtiys will over look grades based on portfolios but will appretiships do the same, or are they like a government requirement to get the company funding.
Reply 1
Go for it but definitely have a back up plan as realistically you are unlikely to make it to interview stage. I still say go for it as some employers make exceptions if you meet like 80% of the criteria. If uni really isn't for you then look at lower level apprenticeships as they can be the stepping stone you need. What is the apprenticeship in?
Also not all unis overlook grades for folios but depends on the subject as art will whereas architecture (my subject) is unlikely to. Also when you apply mention you're disabled as some will guarantee you an interview if you meet the criteria and they can be more lenient. Plus don't work somewhere where they won't accommodate you, I did and it was awful. Hope this helps 👍🏽

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending