The Student Room Group

overthinking abt gsces :(

im trying my best
Look at it this way - what's the worst that could happen? Even if you fail you have tons of options including resits. Don't worry and just do your best - nobody can ask for more than that from you.
Reply 2
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
Look at it this way - what's the worst that could happen? Even if you fail you have tons of options including resits. Don't worry and just do your best - nobody can ask for more than that from you.

well what abt when i'm told that i wont do well, that i will be depressed on results day and that i my parents are disappointed with me?
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by hurtinguser
well what abt when i'm told that i wont do well, that i will be depressed on results day and that i my parents are disappointed with me?

Hey! I completely understand how difficult it must be to focus on your GCSEs while hearing this. Other people may try to put you down but it’s up to you whether you will let that get through to you. For now, try to focus on your GCSEs and prove them wrong. Also, it might help talking to someone you trust about this. I find that I can cope more with stress if I have someone to talk to about it. :h:
Original post by hurtinguser

Okay I don't know what your parents are like - some will act disappointedly whereas others will not, and I don't know which type your particular parents are, but let's look forward to 2 years, 5 years, or 10 years time.
Imagine you do really dreadfully this year in your exams... do you think your parents will care about it in the future? No. Not at all. You'll have all moved on. They'll have long since gotten over it. Any initial disappointment will be very short-lived, and as a family you'll have moved on and you'll be on another path through life at that point.

Quick Reply

Latest