The Student Room Group

exam advice

i've been feeling panicked because of the exams sometimes my heart beats rlly fast, and i cry
often when im abt to do something e.g abt to present infront of the class my heart beats very fast
and im worried that when i am abt to do the gsce exams this will happen to me because i feel under pressure and want to do well
any advice?
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 1
i wouldn't worry too much, a lot if not everyone else feels like this even if they don't say it. The best thing to do is find some coping mechanisms like breathing exercises or counting certain number patterns on each of your fiver fingers. Also i would recommend sitting past papers at home in the time given in a real exam, this helps prepare you to finish the paper in the time given and it can help you practise your coping skills. You can do this!<3
Original post by hurtinguser
i've been feeling panicked because of the exams sometimes my heart beats rlly fast, and i cry
often when im abt to do something e.g abt to present infront of the class my heart beats very fast
and im worried that when i am abt to do the gsce exams this will happen to me because i feel under pressure and want to do well
any advice?

It's completely natural for you to feel stressed at this time! Just keep going and pushing through this! I recommend definitely getting enough rest and time for yourself - whether it's half an hour or an hour, dedicate some time everyday to relax. Talk to parents and friends and get active in some sports clubs at school or do some reading: whatever helps you loosen your nerves. At this time, focus on the past papers and nailing those last few topics you are weak in and you will be fine! Good luck, you got this!
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest